pool collar and ordering concrete

TroyS

Apr 10, 2012
Hi... I have a question about concrete. Most specifically, ordering the cement for the collar. 1. How many yards of concrete would I need to pour the collar for a 16 x 36. Also... I've never ordered concrete before and not sure of the process for having a concrete truck pull up to my house.

I'm not going to have a ton of people that can help me haul the concrete. So I plan to rent a concrete buggy and use that. My question is... once that cement truck pulls up... how much time do I have to haul the concrete to my pool?? Is there a set time... I mean.. I would of course try to pour the cement as quickly as possible, but what if it take me a couple hours..? Am I paying for the cement and the driver's time? Would I just pay more?? I just don't know how this works. I know this a pretty stupid question and I thank everyone in advance.

If I were you, I would have someone that has a good deal of experience handle the job before I would do what you are explaining... IMHO. Normally cement is pumped to get it to where you want it. Last thing you want is 9 yds of concrete harden up in the wrong place.

Depends on how deep you are pouring. I am Planning our pool build and am coming up with 3.7 yards from online calculators for a 6" collar on a 16x36 pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get 4 cu yds so we're probably pretty close.

The issue you're gonna have is most places want a set delivery fee for less than 5 yards. You're gonna wind up paying more for 4 yards than you would for 5 or 6 yards.

If it's a couple hours you shouldn't pay extra for the drivers time. But I'd check with the vendor to make sure that's the case.

It's just me but for 4 yards I'd rent a mixer and mix it myself. You'll come out a lot cheaper and there's no time constraints.

You should get so many min per yard. Any extra time they will charge for but the savings will be worth the work. I would make shur you have 3 of you there to pour the cement and I would use an 8 in bond beam. When the truck comes have the cement just wet enough to be easy to level flat shovel . Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.