Pool closing

guddylover

Jan 25, 2020
Toronto
Is there any downsides to closing the pool around September as soon as the leaf starts to drop? I have a safety cover that keeps leafs and debris out but let’s water in and I am not sure if I should close early and open early. My neighbors tree starts to drop its leafs around sept 4 or 5, I really don’t use the pool much after this time but I try to keep the pool maintained and wait for temp to go down to about 65f and then close it. I have thought about buying a leaf net cover, that way I can just throw that on as soon as the leafs starts to drop and then close in oct. Bye the way, this is Ontario, Canada. Thanks

Close the pool whenever you want.

Worst case it may cost you some liquid chlorine int he Spring to get rid of any algae in the pool.

Close the pool whenever you want.

Worst case it may cost you some liquid chlorine int he Spring to get rid of any algae in the pool.
That’s what I thought too. I was only worried that before Oct hits, all the chlorine left in there would get depleted due to the sun that we get here and there in fall. Thanks for the response.

That’s what I thought too. I was only worried that before Oct hits, all the chlorine left in there would get depleted due to the sun that we get here and there in fall. Thanks for the response.

Close your pool with your FC at half SLAM FC level and add Polyquat 60 as an insurance policy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.