Pool close or away?

matt23usn

May 5, 2020
Houston,Tx
Need some help please.....

I'm currently having some PB's working on designs/bids and I can't decide whether I want the pool coming off the back porch or have some stairs going down to it about 15' away. There's about a 5 foot drop in a 30 foot distance going out from the back patio.

Would really appreciate some of your opinions to help me decide!

Attaching a couple of the potential design pictures.IMG_20200523_140533.jpgIMG_20200523_140533.jpgInked_002_LI.jpg

Last edited:
#1 is way better integrated with the patio and forms a much more cohesive backyard area. The only thing I dont like on #1 is that someone could take a nasty fall off of those rocks if they were jumping off of them into the pool and fell backwards.

BTW, where the heck are you in Houston with that much slope? Do you back up to a lake?

Great thanks for the feedback everybody....#1 is what I've been leaning toward, but just wanted to run it by people that know more than me about this stuff..

JJ_Tex - We're up here North of Houston just above the Woodlands area in a neighborhood with 1-2 acre lots. Has a few rolling areas in it, no lake behind us unfortunately.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.