cargsl

Jul 13, 2022
Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've decided to buy a pool robot to clean my pool after firing the pool cleaning people (for doing a lousy job) and discovering I really hate vacuuming the pool. My main concern is that my pool has a rather intricate design, with a sunken bar, several benches and a sun shelf. I tried a loaner unit from the Pool Store, and it did a decent job with the bottom of the pool, but got stuck at the sunken bar and never cleaned the shelf. I understand no pool robot will do an amazing job, but I'm looking for recommendations for one that would do the best job possible.

I'm also looking to automating the robot, so bonus points for robots that can be controlled with a dumb switch (if the switch has power the robot is working) or can be controlled via wifi.

Am I looking for something possible? Or are my expectations unrealistic?

The robot in my sig-line has most of what you want including WiFi control. It does a great job and never gets stuck. It also can make it onto my shelf. It did manage to flip itself over like 2 times in 6 seasons so no biggie. These are not designed to remain in the pool 100% of the time. I put it in and remove it a few hours later when it is done. I clean the filter box and put it away until the next time I need it. I never hand vacuum as it gets 100% of the stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.