Pool cleaner - Where do I start??

TheBigEye

Mar 26, 2019
Houston, TX
So I'm a fairly new pool owner. We had our pool built late last summer. My pool builder initially put in a Hayward cleaner (all of the equipment is Hayward) which was supposed to be a suction type cleaner run off the same pump as the rest of the pool. Well it never worked... I mean didn't even move once put in the water. He took it away and changed the valve so there wouldn't be anything happening with the port on the side of the pool where the cleaner hose was supposed to go. So now almost a year later and I don't know what to get. I have a pool service that comes weekly, but they charge me more since I don't have a pool cleaner actively going in the pool. They suggested a workaround where they could re-route the plumbing from the suction cleaner and add in an auxiliary pump to power a Polaris.... the only problem is this would run about $2k all said an done (including the new cleaner). So my question is... what are my options for a cleaner that won't break the bank and will do the job. It's about a 18,000 gallon pool and a hot tub attached.

Welcome to TFP!

The fan favorite robot around here is the maytronics S200 which is the same as the Dolphin Active20, Doheny's Discovery and the Dolphin Triton. I've got two of them at the moment and my brother has one also. No plumbing required, just plug it into a nearby 110v outlet. It is the best cleaner hands down. And it is only about 700 bucks at Marina Pools. Call Margaret and she will be happy to send you one.

More here, Doheny's Discovery, S200, Active20, Triton owners club

You can have the S200/A20 plugged & plunged daily, though it needs to be removed every so often to clean the basket. It’s actually a very safe low Voltage controller and Voila! You pull the bot and no more 2” tubes to swim around and drive you nuts. It’s a fantastic cleaner, and Marina offers an unbeatable price

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.