Pool cleaner recommendations for in-ground pool

Feb 25, 2019
Dallas
Ok I have an in ground pool that came with side pressure Polaris 280 and 3/4 motor. I have all sorts of issues but it has last 6 years. I have constantly changed parts etc but seems like it’s on its last day.

so I have the booster pump and it’s going strong. However willing to do another brand and even the wall crawl ones that are not side pressure

so my questions is what pool cleaner you recommend.

We have a Pentair pressure side cleaner that seems to work pretty well. We run it 2 hours a day... doesn't do the wall or steps very well, but I brush weekly so that hasn't been an issue.
When I redo the plumping on the equipment pad, we will most likely switch to a robot cleaner, Pentair or Dolphin (basically the same, both made by Maytronics). We are looking at
the Pentair Warrior SE and SI, and the Dolphin S200 & S300.
If I were to stay with a pressure side cleaner, I'd probably go with the Polaris 380.

pentair warrior SE or dolphin s200, same cleaner. Marina pool and spa has then for around $699
I had a Polaris 360 that ran 24x7 and it never got my pool even close to the robot.
Like sweeping a hardwood floor vs vacuuming, the Polaris passes a lot through the mess bag, Polaris has a pleated filter so catch’s fine dirt you never knew you had.
Plus it will climb the wall and move sideways some to keep the tile clean :)
Marina is a small shop and stays very busy so hard to get a hold of them but will save you $150 or more and are a authorized reseller

pentair warrior SE or dolphin s200, same cleaner. Marina pool and spa has then for around $699
I had a Polaris 360 that ran 24x7 and it never got my pool even close to the robot.
Like sweeping a hardwood floor vs vacuuming, the Polaris passes a lot through the mess bag, Polaris has a pleated filter so catch’s fine dirt you never knew you had.
Plus it will climb the wall and move sideways some to keep the tile clean :)
Marina is a small shop and stays very busy so hard to get a hold of them but will save you $150 or more and are a authorized reseller
Thanks
Looks like it will be the Warrior since its $699 and the s200 is now $899 because looks like Dolphin put a minimum sales price on it now

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The cord length from the controller to the plug at the end is 6’.

I have the Warrior SE and love it. My pressure side Jandy RayVac lasted for years
with lots of replacement parts but finally got voted off the island! @markayash is
exactly right about the difference in the way they clean the pool. My old cleaner
inhaled stuff well but there was zero scrubbing. It's like rinsing your car with a
hose each time expecting it to clean it completely vs. hand washing it.

Highly recommend Marina Pool and Spa. Margaret knows her stuff and many of
us here have gotten our robots there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.