Pool Cleaner caught on main drain solution

Rental Pool

Aug 7, 2015
Saugus, CA
After a lot of experimentation, I finally found a solution that keeps my Nautilus CC Pro cleaner from getting stuck on the main drain. Get a 5820 Polaris Unibridge and then alter it as follows:

polaris_unibridge.pngIMG_20240514_100420[1].jpg

I cut the center out with a jigsaw through the middle of the 3 central slits. I then used a power sander to sand down the top portion until the last slit was paper-thin. I then used a knife to slice through the middle of the spokes on that last thin ring and folded those pieces downward. I taped a squeegee to my pool brush pole to check to make sure the main drain wasn't protruding up beyond that hole. My CC Pro no longer gets stuck on the main drain, and the Polaris Unibridge stays put

Reactions: newdude
It's still a clearance issue. What is the distance between the bottom of your unit and the bottom of the wheel? The smaller the distance, the more effective the suction. My CC Pro only has 1/2" of clearance. Possibly, your wheels are able to maneuver off, when it bottoms out, but my suggestion will eliminate any bottoming out.