Pool chemistry all jacked up

Do not make any chemical additions from the Pool Store tests. I would prefer you just use your own results.

Take care.

Ill test again tomorrow i had trouble with weight and gl oz but i undercut it by .1 of an oz. so shouod be in a better place ph and chlorine wise ill test for rhe other stuff to just to get good at it then take a sample to my pool store to see if im close should be. Thhanks for all the patience and help everyone.

I would not bother with the pool store testing. Just trust PoolMath to have calculated the correct amount to add to reach your target for CYA.

Can you be specific about which test kit you got? Add that and your pool information in your forum signature please.

One of the main issues I had with my old 1200-gallon pool was water temperature. The water was always hot and I fought algae like crazy. You may need to replace some water with fresh cool water every week or so during the summer. Most importantly, DON’T let your free chlorine drop to zero.

Good luck! ����

Ah, ok, so you actually have more than just the OTO and pH test. That kit should get you by no problem. And if things take a huge left turn, just dump and start over :D

Oh yeah should gotta do it one step at a time lol. Get my ph balanced then ill start going towards cya which i got 30 but idk . Probably do the ta and others tomorrow when i retest if it doesnt rain all freaking day lol.

One of the main issues I had with my old 1200-gallon pool was water temperature. The water was always hot and I fought algae like crazy. You may need to replace some water with fresh cool water every week or so during the summer. Most importantly, DON’T let your free chlorine drop to zero.

Good luck! ����
Nope. Not if you always maintain the correct FC level for your CYA level. The water temp will not result in algae.

Welp i did it im within range . My ph should be 7.3 here in a bit . Except maybe chlorine may be a tad low . Should i raise it up one point?

Cl 2
Br 4
Ph 7.8
Ta 150
Ch 90
Cya 30 to 50

I was kinda iffy about my cya levels 30ml was all the tube would hold educated guess lol

I do not understand your 30ml comment regarding the CYA test. If you filled the tube completely and you could still see the dot, then your CYA is less than 30ppm (or whatever the minimum is on your kit).

Welcome to TFP! A much easier form of pool ownership (no matter what size pool you have)!
We are also a tiny pool owner. The methods TFP gives WORK! If you follow them closely =)

I'm going to ask quite a few questions::
Welp i did it im within range . My ph should be 7.3 here in a bit . Except maybe chlorine may be a tad low . Should i raise it up one point?
Cl 2
Br 4
Ph 7.8
Ta 150
Ch 90
You need to target FC/5, so you need to use PoolMath to add enough Liquid Chlorine to raise it from Now/2 up to Goal/5

Cya 30 to 50
I was kinda iffy about my cya levels 30ml was all the tube would hold educated guess lol

Can you post a picture of the CYA test please? So we can be sure which type it is.

Also can you let us know which chemicals you have (and are you only adding Liquid Chlorine 10%)?
(found this from your first post:: The chemicals i have are: ph up , ph down , pool shock ( pool and spa xtra blue sodium dichloro), 1" coordinating tablets (tricholoro) ,six way test strips ( Clorox smart strips).)
... Can you return any of these (unused) items to the store: (for credit towards Liquid Chlorine)
ph up, pool shock (pool and spa xtra blue sodium dichloro), 1" coordinating tablets (tricholoro), six way test strips (Clorox smart strips)

You do not want (or need) to use the shock or tablets in the vinyl pool.

We use separate stabilizer (you can buy a SMALL 16oz bottle intended for spa use), as you don't need a huge container, we still at least half our 4lb container from last year)!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.