Pool Calculator Update?

Jan 20, 2012
West KY
Anyone know or still have a contact within pSIFlow Technology Inc? Would like to recommend an update to the calculator to account for the new 8.25% concentrated bleach. This is not currently an option in the "Effects of adding chemicals" section at the bottom.

I sent an email to them. Will update if I get a response.

Already got a response of sorts:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 No Such User Here (state 13).

looks to be abandoned :(

In the calculator you can put in any percentage you want. It's only below in the "Effects of adding chemicals" that it is even an issue.

chiefwej said:
In the calculator you can put in any percentage you want. It's only below in the "Effects of adding chemicals" that it is even an issue.

Right, but from that portion of the calculator you can't tell it X number of ounces of X % bleach. You can specify the bleach % and the current and desired FC level, but not the volume of said bleach to find out how it will effect your overall chemistry. I know one could play around with desired "Target" inputs until he reaches a volume similar to what he is checking, but that's a bit of a pain

For example, if another user looking for help posts they "added X number ounces of 8.25% bleach and their FC increased to X" I want to be able to quickly check the Pool Calc to see what their FC "Should Have" ended up.

JasonLion has a copy .... he wrote it afterall. In fact, when it was not working a few months back, he put up a temporary version hosted here.

The problem is ... he sold it to them; so his rights to putting out a new version is questionable ... unless maybe it is completely abandoned.

jblizzle said:
JasonLion has a copy .... he wrote it afterall. In fact, when it was not working a few months back, he put up a temporary version hosted here.

The problem is ... he sold it to them; so his rights to putting out a new version is questionable ... unless maybe it is completely abandoned.

The site itself is something he sold - I get that. The math and the idea are not things that someone else would be unable to do. The format and organization of the site would be different but the basic ideas should be something that anyone could create with the right formulas - without violating the existing site's rights.

Unless there is some math that is proprietary?

I have a Google Docs spreadsheet that you can try if you like. It does most of what the Pool Calculator does and it is located here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... kt4SVlZX3c

You can't edit that version but if you choose File -> Make A Copy..., you can then edit the copy. But you will need a Google account or download as Excel should work as well although the History Log script won't work. I checked it against the web version and I think everything is the same but let me know if you find any problems.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've saved the html page locally so that if my network goes down or I'm out at the pool with the laptop out of wireless range I can still use the Pool Calc. I got into that habit when I was on dial-up. Now I'm on a line-of-sight wireless broadband that does occasionally go down. When you live in the boonies you get inventive :)

I would love to see the Pool Calculator updated so that going from top to bottom, the *first* thing you input is your pool type, your chlorine source and whose recommendations you want to use, instead of it being way down at the bottom. Then you input your test results.

This Spreadsheet link is dead :( any chance it was uploaded somewhere else? I don't like the choices for android phone and I dont like having to enter my pool size and my current values when they havn't changed so bookmarking doesn't work so well for me...

Sorry, I had to abandon the Google Docs spreadsheet but all my spreadsheets can be found in the link in my signature.

I believe that Cordova was referring to the standalone spreadsheet I created which basically does the same thing as the web version. Some prefer to use that so they can customize it. It also has a log feature so you can save your measurements.

The direct link is here:

Chemistry Calculator (Excel)

Chemistry Calculator (Google SS)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.