Pool built light recommendation needed- Any LED lighting that can put equivalent lighting to a 500w incandescent ?

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Years ago my white light 500w bulb died, I had replaced it with a Pentair Amerbrite 120V LED Color Replacement Pool Light Bulb Kit- 602065

It was adequate, it lasted 7 years but the white light was dimmer than the incandescent I was used to and the colors were pretty useless because the bulb wasn’t strong enough.

Has the bulb market changed? Am I better off reverting back to a 500w bulb? Or is there a white or even color LED replacement bulb that actually performs like a 500w incandescent?

Lastly if LeD is still a poor choice compared to incandescent, is there a 500w color incandescent option?

A 500 watt incandescent bulb gives around 7500 lumens of light.

The 500W rated Pentair LED lights are rated at 3400 to 3900 lumens.

If you want 7500 lumens you should get an incandescent bulb.

Pentair_Light_Comparison.png

A 500 watt incandescent bulb gives around 7500 lumens of light.

The 500W rated Pentair LED lights are rated at 3400 to 3900 lumens.

If you want 7500 lumens you should get an incandescent bulb.

Pentair_Light_Comparison.png
I love seeing the actual stats, thank you.

So my Amerbrite 602065 is rated 36w, similar model on your chart shows 900 lumens, I guess I just got used to non bright lightning and accepted it.

Going back to an incandescent is going to feel like high beams I bet.

My season is so short, I don’t know why I tried switching in the first place, I think I thought the colors would be cool but it gets old quick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.