Pool Builder Listed Jandy JXI 400N on Contract, but Permit Shows Aquacal T-135.

pigskintd

Jul 7, 2020
Central Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
At first glance it looks like there is a huge difference with the Jandy being 400,000k BTU vs the Aquacal 135,000k BTU. I don't mind a brand change as long as performance isn't a downgrade. We have a relatively small pool so they may be trying to pull a fast one a use a smaller heater. I don't want to have to wait longer to heat the pool or spa. Is this Aquacal T-135 a downgrade to the Jandy JXI 400N? I appreciate your help.

The Jandy is a natural gas heater. The AquaCal is a heat pump. Which are you expecting to get?

You probably want the natural gas one then...I have the aquacal heat pump and it takes forever to warm up the pool...for my size pool when the air temp was in the 50-60's, it was averaging less than 1 degree per hour heating up to low 80's...which is fine for me, I only have a pool, not a spa. And now that the pool is up to low 80's, I keep it there, I don't turn it on and off.

Also, check your contract...installing a gas line (if you don't already have one) and connecting to the heater may not be included in the price...you may be responsible for arranging that yourself.
I am actually having the gas line installed today for the heater specifically. I didn't even realize when I submitted the question that the Aqualcal was a heat pump, I was just worried about the BTU difference. I will push back on my builder to see if they need to correct the permit to include the Jandy heater.

Reactions: TampaKathy
Sounds like they just made a mistake on the permit. Builders do a lot of copy and paste and sometimes don’t update everything. I’d just ask them / confirm

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Sounds like they just made a mistake on the permit. Builders do a lot of copy and paste and sometimes don’t update everything. I’d just ask them / confirm
The heater was hand written on the permit. I am sure it was a mistake since the are two completely different types of heaters (heat pump vs pool heater).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.