Lockport, Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
During the construction of my pool the contractors ran into a steel fence with the skid loader) that I share with my neighbor. I provided the manufacturer, model/style and color of the fence to the contractor. When he had the replacement panels powdercoated and brought to my house we realized that the color was dramatically different than what was originally installed 15 years ago. They have been recoated and he has asked me to split the cost ($750 total) of repainting with him. I feel like I am being punished for providing information on the original fence and I do not feel that I should be paying to have them repainted. Thoughts? 71DDCC59-9F87-4455-A759-FBFC584B4099.jpegAFE1265C-94F9-4C9C-A1D9-A1C7788CF2DC.jpeg

This is a tough one as the color isn't even close. I'd have a hard time eating this myself if you provided the specs. Somebody either gave you wrong color or wrote wrong color along the line. I could see some color fade difference but this is another color all together

Welcome to TFP.

If you provided the color to him and he delivered the color you specified then he kept his side of the deal. In the future if you don't want the responsibility then tell him to figure out the color.

I think splitting the cost is fair.

Without knowing more facts it's a tough call. You may have supplied an incorrect color, the powder coater may have used the wrong color, something got transposed or messed up in the sharing for the paint color/code.

How was the powder coater able to get the correct color? If they matched it from the old fence then sharing the cost is fair. The lesson everyone learned is to check before proceeding (giving the powder coater a piece to check the color against).

Reactions: KCNM
What does your contract say? It sounds like he already is helping you out. Usually damage like this is the responsibility of the owner as long as it’s not intentional damage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.