Pool Build Photos - Gunite, Pebble Fina, Clovis Calif.

I love everything about that pool, very well done. Love the smooth concrete deck, the three waterfalls and that full length bench, where you can sit in the WFs or next to them. You'll find yourself sitting on the bench a ton :) Nice tanning bench too with the little tile line to let you know where the step begins.

Enjoy it!

I love everything about that pool, very well done. Love the smooth concrete deck, the three waterfalls and that full length bench, where you can sit in the WFs or next to them. You'll find yourself sitting on the bench a ton :) Nice tanning bench too with the little tile line to let you know where the step begins.

Enjoy it!

Thank you!

What a difference to that backyardl! I have the Bella Blue finish as well...do you notice any mottling on cloudy days or is your finish nice and even? Looks great in the photos!

Yes, we have a bit of mottling as well, it's visible when the pool is shaded, but not too bad. It seems to have actually lessened a little as the finish has cured. My PB tells me that it's pretty normal with this type of finish, and that ours has very little mottling compared to most. Don't know if that's true or not, it's been hard to find others online to compare to. Other than that, we absolutely love the finish. Color is exactly what we were going for, the speckles and sparkles look great, and the feel of it is really nice. So much softer than the rougher pebble finishes. Cheaper too!

Reactions: Angelnrs1
Question- what is the white on the older fence pics?? What turned it white?? And then, what did you do to the fence to restore it so?? It looks marvelous! Love the way the equipment area is almost hidden in plain site against the fence.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Question- what is the white on the older fence pics?? What turned it white?? And then, what did you do to the fence to restore it so?? It looks marvelous! Love the way the equipment area is almost hidden in plain site against the fence.

The white on the old fence is bleached areas from where my sprinklers used to hit it. I took off all the brown and the white using a pressure washer, as you can see it made a huge difference. You could still sort of see a lighter color where the bleach spots used to be. Then I stained it with Wood RX redwood color stain, and that evened out the color and made it look fantastic. You can see the stain in a few of the last photos, but just behind the pool, at that point I had not yet stained the other side. Around the pool equipment and on that side is new redwood fencing with a clear sealant.

I was really amazed what the pressure washer did to the old fence. You can see a lot of examples on YouTube.

Gorgeous!

If I can make one small suggestion? A couple of plantings in groups of 3 might be a nice visual to add to the lined up trees you're putting in. Or some gorgeous flowers in the box over the pool? A little randomness is a good thing :)

I can't get over the improvement to that fence. I've seen iron stains (black) on fences before but never saw white. The stain you applied will help keep it nice against the sprinkler too, won't it?

Gorgeous!

If I can make one small suggestion? A couple of plantings in groups of 3 might be a nice visual to add to the lined up trees you're putting in. Or some gorgeous flowers in the box over the pool? A little randomness is a good thing :)

I can't get over the improvement to that fence. I've seen iron stains (black) on fences before but never saw white. The stain you applied will help keep it nice against the sprinkler too, won't it?

Thank you! Yes we will probably add some more flowers in planter boxes back there. But that will probably need to wait for spring. At 99 degrees today is the coolest day we've had in like a month, so a bit hot here for new plantings. The peach trees will almost certainly live permanently in pots and be kept little.

And no more sprinklers! All the bushes are on drip lines and the grass is fake. Low maintenance and low water use is really what we were going for.

I, too can't believe how well the fence turned out. It's 15 years old and I was expecting to replace it for aesthetics if not for age. It was also pretty easy, just a pressure wash, and the stain came in a pump sprayer. Hardest part was masking off the landscaping.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.