phrantic09

Mar 25, 2024
Malta, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Some photos of our new pool under construction in upstate NY. The pool is 12x24- didn’t really want something too big, it’s just my wife and I 50% of the time. Liner is Shelter Cove from Merlin.

Construction has been a breeze and there have been no cost over runs. We’re doing a larger concrete deck that will be cut to look like pavers vs doing a stamped concrete. The coping is going to be a darker grey cantilever edge. That goes in in 1.5 weeks

Pretty excited about this. Have a ton to learn. The pump is running now, looks like 18 hours on 1650 rpm then “high” for 6. Not sure if the 1650 will get the flow we need for the salt water generator or heat pump but I’ll find out soon enough. No chemicals in yet- they’re coming to do salt next week, assuming they will add liquid chlorine and CYA too, but I’ll find out when they come for “show and tell”

Equipment details in signature.IMG_1618.jpegIMG_1621.jpegIMG_1624.jpegIMG_1659.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Diane e and Newdude
Congrats !!!!!!
. Not sure if the 1650 will get the flow we need for the salt water generator or heat pump but I’ll find out soon enough.
It looks like your setup is dirt simple. Both may work down to 1000 RPMs or lower. My 1st pool did although i forget the exact #s, but both were under 1000. I skipped the HP for pool #2 but SWG cuts off at 700 RPMs.

Reactions: phrantic09
Congrats !!!!!!

It looks like your setup is dirt simple. Both may work down to 1000 RPMs or lower. My 1st pool did although i forget the exact #s, but both were under 1000. I skipped the HP for pool #2 but SWG cuts off at 700 RPMs.
Thanks. Turns out I was wrong, it runs at 1650 from noon to 6AM then shuts down until noon.

Our HP needs 30gpm, the SWG 20. If we can do less than where we are that would be great.

Our HP needs 30gpm, the SWG 20. If we can do less than where we are that would be great.
No two systems are the same. Start yours at low RPMs and increase by 100 until they come on. And also find where the weir doors are bobbing along (skimming) and any other functions you may have.

Add 100 RPMs to each function to account for slightly less flow as the filter gets ditty and that's the minimum speed needed for each function.

You run the lowest speed that accomplishes what you need, then raise it when need be to heat (etc)

No two systems are the same. Start yours at low RPMs and increase by 100 until they come on. And also find where the weir doors are bobbing along (skimming) and any other functions you may have.

Add 100 RPMs to each function to account for slightly less flow as the filter gets ditty and that's the minimum speed needed for each function.

You run the lowest speed that accomplishes what you need, then raise it when need be to heat (etc)
Thanks, makes sense