Pool Build NW Austin, TX

We had 5 days of jackhammering back in February when we dug. We only have a small pool but access was tight and could only use very small equipment. I can still clearly remember the sound! Your poor neighbours though. Ours didn’t dig over a weekend but I’m sure it was annoying enough to those around us.

Rebar done, plumbing done - rain delays shotcrete until next Monday. Pool builder decided to put in a hydrostatic relief valve - I guess due to fact our hole is carved out of shelf limestone. I read a few TFP threads on these devices and seems they can be good as far as protecting pool but can also cause leaks if they pop but don’t reseal correctly. A little scary to be told we need this and also to see how water has sat in the hole with no drainage or absorption - it’s a natural rock pool now. Shotcrete Monday and we made coping and tile selections today’s so progressing along.

E717249E-2975-4F50-A7E5-6F27A322FA70.jpg

8ABB7ED9-DD15-442C-9CDB-F0E9984D82A9.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
THANKS! That tile is going to POP against those other finishes!

Now with that tile I want you to dig through the boxes when they get there. There will be some that are extra pretty and some that are UGLY LOL Pull out the extra pretty ones to put on the pool where the eye falls as you walk out to the pool. Hide the ugly ones or use them to cut up for the skimmer and such.

Kim:kim:

Don’t worry about your hydrostatic valve. It’s a good thing to have and will be fine. We had over a foot of water after dig and before concrete. After concrete we had to keep draining as we had so much rain. At one point there was a good 2+ feet of rain at the deep end.

We have the same classic light travertine. We love it! Your tiles will look amazing with it. Glad the dig is over for you.

Shotcrete finished today, good news!

Bad news: at end of shoot the hose ruptured, or got away from a guy when it was being blown out, and concrete show all over the back of our house - lower patio, upper deck, ceiling of both, walls, windows, even some on roof. Broke multiple windows and glass in doors. I wasn’t there to see it but sure was disappointing when I got home. Just an absolute mess, they say he’ll make it right but it’s going to be hard.

is that a TFP first?

They did WHAT??? How do they even begin to think they could get it all off the ROOF???? without causing any damage???? Did they at least put something over the windows and doors to secure them?? WHEN do they think it will be repaired??

I would get in writing what they plan to do to fix everything. Get details-who will do the work, what will they use to fix/replace?

UNREAL! I cannot imagine coming home to that. Did they call your or let you come home to find it like that?

Pool builder called immediately, this is the fault of the concrete sub of course - pool builder superintendent was hit by gravel himself . Promised to force concrete sub to fix all, I like pool builder but subcontractors are unknown. Should have insurance

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.