Tampa
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Well the wife and I decided to get a pool added to our home after specifically buying the home four years ago, because it didn't have a pool. Almost every home in the neighborhood has a pool so I had convinced myself and the wife a pool is like a boat. Just have a friend with a boat, and your set! Right?! Fast forward to 2020, and COVID the wife and I were working from home, and our two kids weren't allowed to go to daycare for twelve weeks. Everyday by about two o'clock I would hear my neighbor's kids having a good old time in their pool, and I would look over at my two kids getting ready to kill each other being pent up in the house all day.

So I talked the wife into putting in a pool, and here we are today!

My pool details are mainly in the signature, but here is the overall pool design:

1602013878620.png

What is everyone's thoughts on what we agreed to in the contract? This is in Tampa, FL and here is the mock up pictures:

1602013967796.png
1602013987994.png
1602014012082.png

I'll add photos later to the thread as we have documented the overall process from removing two trees, a heavy duty swing set, and an existing pad and outdoor kitchen.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: TampaKathy
Welcome to TFP :)

Right of the bat is your filter and salt water generator :)

Florida loves the small filters, grab at least the Clean and clear plus 320 or 420.. I clean mine once a year

Get an IC40 at least for the SWG and maybe an IC60, the bigger the SWG the less you have to run the pump and the longer the cell lasts :)

Reactions: RDFBocephus
I like the mock up pictures! The pros can weigh in but you may want a 2nd skimmer and an overflow pipe.
Thank you!

Yeah it's what the wife and I came up with, and ultimately blew the budget. If you notice on the left side of the pool there is a seat running the length of the pool. It serves two purposes for us. One that it is near the outdoor kitchen for seating, and two the kids have a way to exit the pool from anywhere. We have a almost three year old, and a five year old that need to get the swimming down so they can become fish!

Thank you!

Yeah it's what the wife and I came up with, and ultimately blew the budget. If you notice on the left side of the pool there is a seat running the length of the pool. It serves two purposes for us. One that it is near the outdoor kitchen for seating, and two the kids have a way to exit the pool from anywhere. We have a almost three year old, and a five year old that need to get the swimming down so they can become fish!
Yes, I saw that...thought about having that in my pool but my pool is narrower and I didn't want to give up a foot or so for it but I do like it!

Reactions: RDFBocephus
Here’s some pictures of the site thus far.

Attachments

• CDB49D58-D681-4497-9E55-3BCE5A720920.jpeg
    CDB49D58-D681-4497-9E55-3BCE5A720920.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 6583D0F5-DB32-48EE-97F3-177B31433711.jpeg
    6583D0F5-DB32-48EE-97F3-177B31433711.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 68
  • EF3E2956-3736-4B91-A154-7DC09E2E89FC.jpeg
    EF3E2956-3736-4B91-A154-7DC09E2E89FC.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 68
Well the pool company came today, and started framing out the pool. Which is good because we have been patiently waiting. However they did the weirdest thing next. Two guys dig to about waist deep in the corner of the area where our pool shelf will be, and then put a plastic sheeting down. They then proceeded to fill the hole with water from our house. Does anyone know why they would do such a thing?

Last edited:
My guess is they may be utilizing that water to put in the well points.
Well they actually used the water to pump through pvc pipes to jettison the pillings down to pump the water table down in the back yard. Learn something new every day. Wife has video if any one is interested.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I'm glad I moved the gas line last night as they're back at it today:

1602255799438.png

Also based on my feedback here my PB will be adding automation, a larger filter and SWG.

So thank you guys!

Last edited:
Since you have both the Pentair IntelliFlo & IntelliChlor you should look into getting an IntelliConnect for around $300 that will allow you to automate those and your lights a lot easier than with a timer and switches.

Reactions: usfbull
Back at it on Sunday to lay down the rebar.

Attachments

• 64C65719-CDE6-4A23-ABDA-82501D82A7FF.jpeg
    64C65719-CDE6-4A23-ABDA-82501D82A7FF.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
So they were back at it for a bit yesterday afternoon, and installed some piping in the walls of the pool. Now the wife, and I are trying to figure out what they are for. Ah the pool mysteries...

1602698306835.png

Wow, they are moving pretty quick so far with your build! A little over a week and they went from design to shooting gunite!
Well to be honest we signed the contract in July so not a "fast" process by any means, but they're definitely getting "hot and heavy" to quote my project manager.

So they got here at seven, and are done by two. They say they're off to do another one, but here is ours:

1602785954051.png

Last edited:
Reactions: NickCYC

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.