Pool Build Finally Started - Bryan, TX (11/4/20)

So our pool plaster rep/manager came by twice earlier today. Since I was catching up on some much needed sleep, hubby met with him. He brushed the pool and turned on the pump, commented more than once on how much he loves this plaster, said it should be offered as an upgrade with the pool place. I'm not going into detail on the chemicals, all I know is he started and is taking it slow. What he didn't do is share the info in writing like I would've wanted. He said with our filter and system we'd only need to clean the filter out once a year. And the pump runs very quiet.

I just helped hubby lay down sod and I'm moving very slow.
I labeled the photos and put them in order. Before plaster polishing and acid wash, during, and after.

Attachments

• 2-3-21SettingUpPolishing.jpg
    2-3-21SettingUpPolishing.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 2-3-21SettingUpPolishing2.jpg
    2-3-21SettingUpPolishing2.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 2-3-21Polishing.jpg
    2-3-21Polishing.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 2-3-21Polishing2.jpg
    2-3-21Polishing2.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 2-3-21FirstStepAfterPlasterDone.jpg
    2-3-21FirstStepAfterPlasterDone.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 63
  • 2-3-21DrainCoverSittingOnWindowSill.jpg
    2-3-21DrainCoverSittingOnWindowSill.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 2-3-21StepCloseUp-Shadow.jpg
    2-3-21StepCloseUp-Shadow.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 2-3-21FillBeginning.jpg
    2-3-21FillBeginning.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 63
Posting these then going out and helping hubby some more with the front yard sod.

Once more these are in order and a clear idea of how the sock works on a hose during the fill. Note the smooth finish! Like a granite countertop! Yes the water looks green at first. . . And the tile looks scuzzy. Finish is Hydrazzo Pacifico Blue.

Attachments

• 2-3-21FillingPool.jpg
    2-3-21FillingPool.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 2-4-21FilledPoolandScuzzyTiles.jpg
    2-4-21FilledPoolandScuzzyTiles.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 2-4-21FilledPoolandScuzzyTiles.jpg
    2-4-21FilledPoolandScuzzyTiles.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 2-4-21FilledPoolFullSun.jpg
    2-4-21FilledPoolFullSun.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 62
Thanks Nikilyn )
I'm not sure why the tile still looks scuzzy. When our plaster/pool care rep comes by tomorrow, I'll ask.
I'm glad it's done! I wish I could sit back and enjoy it but we're too busy putting the yard back together. Note: Need to paint the fence.

Reactions: Nikilyn
That looks great and will only get better! The true color will show out fast as the water gets balanced and the plaster cures.

Your plaster made cure faster with the polishing that was done as it removes some of the plaster cream and such that causes the plaster dust you would be brushing off.

Tile-I wonder if they did not rinse them off after they did the polish. See as they polish the pad "throws" the stuff they are taking off all over the place. I am thinking the stuff was not wiped off the tile so.............once the tile is cleaned up it will shine again!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Sollace
[QUOTE="kimkats, post: 1960385, member: 35806".......once the tile is cleaned up it will shine again!

Kim:kim:
[/QUOTE]
When we went thru the new pool brushing mode, hubby brushed the tile a lot. I think it was plaster dust and our plaster is made up of marble. Marble dust like on the decking texture stuff. Anyway, with time and a lot of elbow grease, the tiles are looking a lot better.

I'll attach our Ellie in our TX record snow/ice storm. -- Snow on the deck, the columns are flat on top so the snow makes a slight dome.

Attachments

• 2-17-21-IceStorm.jpg
    2-17-21-IceStorm.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Nikilyn and kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.