Richland Center, WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Solaxx (Saltron) Reliant / Purechlor R5
Installing a 15x30 from pool factory. I have had to build a compacted gravel pad for the pool due to water issues with the clay. I am finally finishing the leveling and compacting of it and time to build the pool. I have a gorilla pad and foam coping. I have a pile of mason sand and a pile of limestone dust(ag lime) here. Which should I use for the base? Wall rail is plastic so no rusting concern to speak of.

Looks like everyone is afraid to answer this one. :) Full disclosure, I'm no expert in this area, but I'll stick my neck out first and place my vote towards mason sand. Let's see how many people prove me wrong. :poke:
Lol I’m seeing that… need to make a decision by sun or Monday I’m hoping

Thank you. Glad I found this forum. This has been a massive challenge doing it ourselves. Just put a 7’ level around on the compacted pad. Looks like about an hour more work tomorrow and that will be done so we can actually start putting it up.

Loading the base material into the pool site tomorrow. I am really leaning towards the ag lime unless someone can give me a reason not to do it. The stuff just seems so much more structurally sound than the mason sand and it dang near identical in particle size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.