Pool Automation

Mozartk626

Mar 31, 2021
Houston
I'd like to hear opinions on what is the best pool automation system. When I moved into my home last year, I inherited an iAquaLink. Of the reviews I've seen, most people seem to like it, but I am just highly underwhelmed, and interested in possible alternatives. To me, this thing looks and operates like something that hasn't been updated or improved upon since Windows98 came out. Maybe I just don't understand all of the features, but it appears not to be able to do simple things you'd want to do. For example, if I just put acid in my pool, I want to be able to hit a button and tell my pool to run for the next pre-set amount of time (4 hours), instead of having to program in specific start and stop times. On days where I do not add chemicals, I want to run a different schedule, but since I don't know what days those will be, I'm stuck programming in specific days of the week instead of having the flexibility to pre-set schedules. Then there is the inexcusable design flaw that crashes your system if you forget to save before logging out. (And by "crashes," I mean will not EVER work again until you go outside with a screw driver and open up the box to disconnect/reconnect the wires. Look this up on YouTube if you don't believe me. It's terrible.) Does anyone have anything better than this dinosaur, or is there just that little competition in the market?

Give us a list of the equipment you have since comparability with the automation system is important unless you plan on replacing your pump and SWG at the same time.

I think you will be disappointed with any of the automation systems. Which is why some folks have written their own...

nodejs-PoolController is an option. And it integrates with a HA systemif you have one. There is a little bit of DIY involved but there have been many folks that have either integrated it with their existing commercial pool controller or run it standalone.

My opinion is the Pentair IntelliCenter is the best out of the box system. Although Pentair is challenged in their software development. They are trying and putting out new updates. I am in the process of replacing my 20 year old Aqualink with an IntelliCenter.

Hayward automation is good and lots of folks use their OmniLogic although the User Interface can be confusing to many. They have a new OmniPL system which improved the UI some.

Jandy has put all their improvements into iAqualink. It is the simplist system with the least features. But I think that appeals to the Jandy buyers that are the Pool Builders. IT is a simple system that they can understand and support.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.