Pool Automation Systems WiFi

danman

Sep 5, 2016
Spring, Tx
Hey everyone, I have about a 15 yr old Jandy automation system(I think its a RS Aqualink). Anyhow, we are a saltwater pool and I just had new flagstone coping installed. The pool company wanted me to do the switch from salt to straight up tablet(and rework my automation), but they wanted like a crazy amount of money. But now I'm curious, what are the good and best automation systems out there? I have an electrician friend so that part is covered. I've glanced over the Pentair, Jandy and even checked out the Z-Wave controllers. So I wanted to see what everyone's experiences are.

Dan,

I would not allow any "Pool Company" that told me I had to change from a saltwater pool, to a tablet pool, within a mile of any of my pools... :mrgreen:

Seriously, why would you do that??? Saltwater is not going to do anything to your flagstone that Mother Nature won't do..

The idea that 3500 ppm saltwater from a swimming pool will damage your flagstone is just a myth, or worse yet, just an excuse for using poor quality stones.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: danman
Dan,

I would not allow any "Pool Company" that told me I had to change from a saltwater pool, to a tablet pool, within a mile of any of my pools... :mrgreen:

Seriously, why would you do that??? Saltwater is not going to do anything to your flagstone that Mother Nature won't do..

The idea that 3500 ppm saltwater from a swimming pool will damage your flagstone is just a myth, or worse yet, just an excuse for using poor quality stones.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yeah I'm not big on switching I'm mainly curious about automation systems. Something I can install and maintain myself. I like the Z wave controllers, but that requires a hub, which probably isn't a big deal.. At first glace the AquaLink seems nice b/c of the big name and mine has lasted 13 yrs now. Anyhow appreciate the input man.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.