Pool Automation Defaulting to Spa Mode

josephjbh

May 30, 2022
My pool automation is setup for the pool to be in spa mode for 2 hours during the day from 2pm to 4pm. When the pool is set to Auto, the pool automatically goes into spa mode the entire day. The Jandy Aqualink RS equipment status shows filter pump and spa. The only way to get around this is to put the pool in service mode to control other functions.

I tried to turn off the spa off by using the equipment on/off function but something is tripping it back to spa on

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Welcome to TFP.

What controller do you have on your Aqualink - All Button? One Touch? or IAqualink?

Do you have a schedule set for your SPA with an ON and OFF time?

Welcome to TFP.

What controller do you have on your Aqualink - All Button? One Touch? or IAqualink?

Do you have a schedule set for your SPA with an ON and OFF time?
Thanks
It's a one touch. Yes, there is a schedule set for the SPA to go on and off.

It doesnt recognize the set times for any of the functions.

I attached a picture of the equipment status.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 3
Is the date and time properly set in the Aqualink?

Does it keep the correct time?

Picture attached with valve in Pool mode.

That looks correct.

How old is your Aqualink?

Did you do all the programming of it?

Do you know every schedule set in it?

I would consider doing a factory reset of the Aqualink after writing down all configuration information and reprogramming it.

That looks correct.

How old is your Aqualink?

Did you do all the programming of it?

Do you know every schedule set in it?

I would consider doing a factory reset of the Aqualink after writing down all configuration information and reprogramming it.
The Aqualink is over 10 years old.
The programming was set by the previous homeowner. We liked the program it had so we have never changed it. We changed pool service companies this year and they switched the spillover to run all the time and changed some timing of when things came on. That's when all the trouble started. We tried several times to switch it back but they keep saying it works better the way they set it. After going back and forth with them and not changing it, we cancelled the contract with them.

I set the schedule back to what it was previously but it would only stay in Spa Mode no matter what I changed the schedule to.

If you can review all of the schedules and post what they are maybe we an see a conflict. Something is haywire in the scheduling and you have to go through all of it to find the problem.

If you can review all of the schedules and post what they are maybe we an see a conflict. Something is haywire in the scheduling and you have to go through all of it to find the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1071.jpg
    IMG_1071.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1067.jpg
    IMG_1067.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1066.jpg
    IMG_1066.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 4
So your lights do not follow the program and turn on and off?

I suggest you reset the board and clear it.

If that does not work it probably means a new board.

@PoolGate @JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a set of pictures of the panel and valves. This is what it defaults to even though the program is scheduled for another function.

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 3
Did you try deleting the SPA schedule?

before you do a full clear and reset you may want to delete the schedules one by one and see if one of them unlocks the panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.