Pool attachments

LisaS87

Mar 2, 2021
Rome Ga
So I have a coleman pool I've had about 3 years now and I finally broke down and purchased a sand filter pump for it. The problem is I don't know nothing about this thing directions are very vague in how much sand are what attachments are needed I've gathered that my two little hoses will work but what about the big hose that puts the water back into the pool? I purchased this pump from Amazon XtremepowerUS 75110 Pool Sand Filter 13" W/Pump 3/4HP ABOVEGROUND, Blue so any help would be very much appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210302-023349.png
    Screenshot_20210302-023349.png
    183.2 KB · Views: 12
A little more info is needed for those of us who aren’t familiar with Coleman pools.

How many intakes? This would be the way water gets to the pump. One, or two (counting skimmer if you have one)? What is the diameter of your hoses? If it’s anything like Intex, it is probably 1.25 inches, whereas the pump connection is probably 1.5 inches.

Ok, I looked up your pump/filter. It takes up to 43 pounds of sand. Here are the connection requirements:

• Inlet/Outlet Fitting: 1-1/4"NPT (fits Intex 1-1/4" hose) & 1-1/2" Outlet (can fit to Intex 1-1/4" hose with adapter *not included*)
So, if you already have the smaller hoses, you can use those, you just need an adapter for the outlet.

Reactions: Mdragger88
A little more info is needed for those of us who aren’t familiar with Coleman pools.

How many intakes? This would be the way water gets to the pump. One, or two (counting skimmer if you have one)? What is the diameter of your hoses? If it’s anything like Intex, it is probably 1.25 inches, whereas the pump connection is probably 1.5 inches.
So it's basically like a intex pool it's got the two 1.25 hoses that T off to one that's going into the pump then it's got the 1.5 inch hose coming out of the pump into the pool.

So it's basically like a intex pool it's got the two 1.25 hoses that T off to one that's going into the pump then it's got the 1.5 inch hose coming out of the pump into the pool.

What hoses do you already have? It sounds like pump only needs one of each size, so you wouldn’t need the tee.

So I do already have the hoses that i used for the old pump but the return hose is to big for the fitting for the new pump. I have two hoses that come out into the pump the ones that suck then i have the one that pushes the water back into the pool sorry i am very much a blonde and i just swing it with this pool thing.

So when u say that it will only need one of each can you please explain a little better cause i have a total of three hoses and if i take one away then my water will leak out of one of the holes in my pool sorry im really a blonde

sorry i am very much a blonde and i just swing it with this pool thing.
C'mon now...... are you a pool builder or plumber ? You're doing great for your first stab at something new. (Unless you *are* a plumber, then feel free to blonde away :ROFLMAO: ) We LOVE diy-ers around here. Snap some pics and we can all talk the same language and be on the same page.

Also, Welcome !!

So when u say that it will only need one of each can you please explain a little better cause i have a total of three hoses and if i take one away then my water will leak out of one of the holes in my pool sorry im really a blonde

OK, so you have three hoses and three holes in pool wall, correct? I’m going to guess two of the holes are 1.25” and one is 1.5” - is this right? And you have one hose that is 1.5” so one end of that will attach to pool, and you’ll need an adapter to attach other end to the pump.

Your two small hoses will be in their usual spot on pool, and you WILL use the tee to reduce them down to one hose to connect to pump. (Sorry, in your original post you mentioned two little hoses so I thought that was all you had.)

Let’s find you an adapter. One moment.

Wait a sec. it looks like the pump does have a 1.5” connection. Have you checked to see if your hoses will fit?

This is what happens when I try to work and TFP at same time!

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So here is what I'm working with I took pics of everything lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210302_173842372.jpg
    IMG_20210302_173842372.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210302_173848591.jpg
    IMG_20210302_173848591.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210302_173859256.jpg
    IMG_20210302_173859256.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210302_173905855_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210302_173905855_HDR.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210302_173915774.jpg
    IMG_20210302_173915774.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210302_173915774.jpg
    IMG_20210302_173915774.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210302_173919565.jpg
    IMG_20210302_173919565.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Newdude
Ok, that one picture that shows the blue filter and pump (snazzy color, by the way) has a short gray hose connecting the two. There are two clamps at the lower end of the hose. You will use one clamp at each end to connect the pump and filter together (Just like the hose is now, but with a clamp at each end).

For your clear hoses that are attached to the pool, that part is fine. Are all three holes on the hose tee the same size? What is that plastic wrap?

The multiport valve in your photo (the part that sits on top of sand container) appears to have three places to connect to. Is that right? Are they all the same size? I am assuming one of them has a plug?

I believe you need something like this which will allow you to screw on the 1.5” hose to the bigger end, and connect the smaller end to the pump.

But that plastic wrapped around that tee troubles me. Is that on there to make it fit?

The thing on top of the new pump does have the connecters for a hose and they are all the same size does one have a plug idk i do have a plug but idk if it goes there r not and when u said 42 lbs of sand does that mean i need to put 42 lbs of sand in my pump?

The thing on top of the new pump does have the connecters for a hose and they are all the same size does one have a plug idk i do have a plug but idk if it goes there r not and when u said 42 lbs of sand does that mean i need to put 42 lbs of sand in my pump?

Yes, you will use the plug to block off one of the connections on top, since you only need two. Use the manual that came with the pump/filter to see which one you should plug.

That manual will also tell you how much sand to use, but the information online said it was 43 pounds. You can go with 40, and see where that gets you. The sand goes inside the drum, the big round blue container. That part is called the filter - the pump is the motor next to it.

Be careful pouring in the sand. The filter probably has something to block off the hollow pipe in the middle of the drum so you don’t get sand in it, but if it doesn’t, you can cover the pipe with an upside-down coffee mug or cup while you pour in sand.

One of those open 2 near the multi port is backwash right? The other one should say flow or have an arrow or something of that nature. It is the return to the pool. You can put a hose on the backwash side & run it out into your yard.
Also the sand # is approximate so just fill 2/3 to 3/4 of the way up. Kinda about where the lines are on it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.