Pool app vs Pool Math

Jun 10, 2018
Kihei HI
I hope this is a good place for this thread...

I starting using the poolmath app a few weeks ago, and it's a great way to log test results and chemical additions while standing at the pool. But I am always going back to the poolmath page online because there, I can input all my pool data, and I believe it calculates what I need for chemicals as a whole system, rather than an isolated recommendation that you can only get using the app "Effects of Adding". For instance, on app it allows the isolated recommendation say... effect of adding 14 ounces of 6% bleach to a 10,000 gal pool will increase FC by "x", without knowing what any other readings seems to be different than PoolMath.
On the pool math page I add all of my current readings, and my targets for every category, FC, pH, TA, CH, CYA etc, and I think it calculates what I should be doing based on all that info.
Does the app do this as well, or does the poolmath page just "look" like its taking all of these things into consideration.

Am I confused? perhaps... thanks!

Got your thread here. ?

After you input all your test results if you press any of the buttons on the overview it’ll take you to a page that looks like this,

Do you use that page?
Oh Awesome!! I have NOT seen that. I think thats it! Hmmm.....I wonder if when you go to the overview page, it could say at the top, "click on any result below to get further recommendations"..?

I thought at one point it did, but Ive seen so many different items I’m likely wrong. What really needs to happen is a certain somebody named Leebo needs to setup an instructional video.

That darn slacker! Glad that should help you out. ?

Another Pool Math app question - I downloaded the app this morning and couldn't log in (I tried user name and email address). I deleted and reloaded, but still have the same issue. I might have missed a step, but I don't know what it is.

I have a similar problem and similar questions:

When I go to the app.poolcalculator.com page on my laptop, and try to login, using the same credentials as my account here, it says:

"there is no use corresponding to this identifier."

...even though I know the email address and password are correct.

I downloaded the poolmath app on my iphone X the other day. I can't remember if it asked me to login or not. When I go to the settings, it shows the email address field as blank. When I enter any results of tests in the various 'boxes", and click "log addition", it seems to accept it but when I go back to that test box, all of the settings are reset. Am I missing something? Thanks...

If you have subscribed to the app, and log in using your TFP username and password, you can store your data.

There is a PoolMath app from the Microsoft Store for Win10 machines.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

When I go to the app.poolcalculator.com page on my laptop, and try to login, using the same credentials as my account here, it says:

I downloaded the poolmath app on my iphone X the other day. I can't remember if it asked me to login or not. When I go to the settings, it shows the email address field as blank. When I enter any results of tests in the various 'boxes", and click "log addition", it seems to accept it but when I go back to that test box, all of the settings are reset. Am I missing something? Thanks...

Let’s start at the beginning before moving forward......

The website you posted is NOT affiliated with TFP in any way. The only product that will accept your credentials is PoolMath on iOS. Is this the App you’re using?

Did you see an answer to this? That the website you went to app.poolcalculator.com - is not affiliated with trouble free pool (TFP), or the correct "PoolMath" app, so that is why you aren't able to log in with your TFP login and password. Try going again to app store on your phone and look for "PoolMath".

The website you posted is NOT affiliated with TFP in any way. The only product that will accept your credentials is PoolMath on iOS. Is this the App you’re using?

I see. My mistake. I thought I got that link from a posting here...

The only product that will accept your credentials is PoolMath on iOS. Is this the App you’re using?

Yes, I am using that product, downloaded from the AppStore. I logged into it with my TFP email and password.
1. Why under contact info in Pool Setup is the email blank? Is this so you can send different people emails about different pools?
2. For example, in the Free Chlorine box, I enter a whole bunch of data. I click on Log Addition, and and Log Suggested Amount. It appears to accept the data. When I go "back" to the overview of the different test boxes, the FC box shows "---" for last test. Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

2. For example, in the Free Chlorine box, I enter a whole bunch of data. I click on Log Addition, and and Log Suggested Amount. It appears to accept the data. When I go "back" to the overview of the different test boxes, the FC box shows "---" for last test. Am I misunderstanding how this is supposed to work?

Click on NEW LOG (the + sign at the middle bottom) and then TEST RESULTS to log current test values. Those are what appear on the summary page.

Log additions will appear in your LOGS. Press Logs ( lower right) to see the history of your logs.

Clicking on an individual chemical lets you calculate the chemicals needed to make a change. It does not log the current values. That page only logs the chemicals added if you press that button.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.