Orlando, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi! Where does everyone order their pool alarms from? I won't have a screen and will have 1 door and multiple windows. I see some on amazon but many say they don't list UL 2017 certified so fail inspections per reviews. Is there is a better place to order from?
My pool builder gave me a list of what is approved or preferred by the inspectors, but I can only find the yardguard and Techko on amazon.

Also what is the best alarm setup for bathroom door? It leads right to the pool. I imagine I may want to just keep it on past inspection just incase my niece visits. If the alarm is on the inside part of the bathroom door, and we want to use the bathroom when outside it will set off the alarm. Maybe there is one with 2 bypass. Here is the list my builder sent me, could not find several of them.

Attachments

• 20210305_103711.jpg
    20210305_103711.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 33
@PoolGate I did that but when I dig into the reviews they say they are not UL 2017 :-(. Like this one states it in the item specs it is, but if you go down a few reviews it says the UL 2017 is not on the product and did not pass inspection. So not sure where people are buying their alarms from.

Reactions: ckinchen
I bought this on Amazon hoping it will work when the time comes.

Attachments

• DECD2E00-7B6E-4228-8D53-CC1938DB9EE2.jpeg
    DECD2E00-7B6E-4228-8D53-CC1938DB9EE2.jpeg
    33.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 059ED6C2-09F0-4CED-A2D4-23CDC83BFBD5.jpeg
    059ED6C2-09F0-4CED-A2D4-23CDC83BFBD5.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 29
I have four of them in the garage collecting dust.
I’m sure someone would gladly pay your shipping costs which would probably be half of the cost of a new one with free shipping.

there isn’t much room left to pay you for them also, but it would still help both of you.

Reactions: ckinchen
Thanks all!
@KatalinaAnn I saw that one. It looks like it would work.
@Rancho Cost-a-Lotta I like that one, it would work for my bathroom door with the outdoor bypass. Pool guard is not listed as approved for some reason, I guess I would need to find out why. Seems to be just as safe.
@usfbull I saw that one on Amazon. Does it have the UF 2017 on it?
@revitup message me what you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.