Manor
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
As I start to really enjoy my pool and not obsess over it, I got to wondering what everyone has to make maintaining it easier, OR accessories that make either the pool or it’s surrounding more enjoyable.

For instance, I’m in search of a diy misting system that will help with the unbearable heat but still work somewhat decently in this semi-humid environment.

What say you guys?

I have zero shade, so we learned that you can never have to many good umbrellas around that pool when you need a break for the sun. For big events, I also set up a large canopy on the decking. Good quality pool floaters are nice for those who just want to do nothing in the water bit float or lay out.

Reactions: midlifecrisis
In all honesty the folks at my neighborhood pool and spa shop do the most to help make the pool maintenance minimal. They've always been very helpful and do a weekly water check for free. After startup, any additions have been minimal.
After that, chairs and umbrellas. I wired up a decent sound system too that I can control from voice remote. That's always enjoyable.

Reactions: midlifecrisis
I have zero shade, so we learned that you can never have to many good umbrellas around that pool when you need a break for the sun. For big events, I also set up a large canopy on the decking. Good quality pool floaters are nice for those who just want to do nothing in the water bit float or lay out.
Have you found any good umbrellas that don’t have the oversized water filled base that takes up so much room?

And if you don’t mind me asking what brand of canopy?

Trying to figure out shade on our new pool now

Have you found any good umbrellas that don’t have the oversized water filled base that takes up so much room?
I got our two large umbrellas at Home Depot some 3-4 years ago or so. They are their more robust models and have done well so far. I made my own base for them though. See below.

full

Reactions: BDY
Guess I should've checked my own watched threads. I had one built about this subject already. Ha ha.

For instance, I’m in search of a diy misting system that will help with the unbearable heat but still work somewhat decently in this semi-humid environment.
Misting to cool ambient temp around the deck or misting to cool water temp? If the latter, here’s some info:

I’m in DFW, so a little less humid than Austin, but not much. The pool misters didn’t do much for me. Water temps would drop overnight, but would be back into the 90s by noonish. Glacier chiller was the solution for our unbearable water temps, which I can now keep below 85° all summer long.

If the former, I break this out from time to time:

I hang it around 15’ up in the trees, about 8’ off the patio and put a standing oscillating fan on the other side blowing towards the patio. It works well, but looks just like it sounds, so my wife hates it. The challenge comes in when condensation clings to leaves and starts dripping. I’ll also clip the tubing around the edge of an 11’ patio umbrella that shades our lounge chairs, which are poolside. You might get a little wet, but I only do this when swimming, so it’s not a deal. If you’re looking to give misting a try, it’s hard to beat for $20. It definitely works, but has some drawbacks. I’ve also tried those coiled up standing misters thst stand about 3’ high. They were worthless because you really want the mist to evaporate just above your head. That’s what cools the air.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.