Pool 3-Ring Binder Request

rpaldrich

Apr 7, 2019
Virginia
Hey everyone, been a sideliner on this site for the past year, but... I'm looking for an example "Pool Directions" binder. I usually handle all the pool stuff, but my deployment aboard an aircraft carrier was just extended again through mid Summer.

My wife has requested I send instructions. Does anyone have anything similar that I could plagiarize and adapt to my system?

Here's a 'cheat sheet' that I use. Don't know if it's helpful. Maybe get you started?

Attachments

• Pool Chemistry.pdf
    125.5 KB · Views: 33
Hey everyone, been a sideliner on this site for the past year, but... I'm looking for an example "Pool Directions" binder. I usually handle all the pool stuff, but my deployment aboard an aircraft carrier was just extended again through mid Summer.

My wife has requested I send instructions. Does anyone have anything similar that I could plagiarize and adapt to my system?
Go Navy! I am an ex-nuke Electrician's Mate, USS Enterprise.

I do not have anything like that, but please have her join this site so she can ask any questions and get help. Feel free to have her post here or just PM me.

You need to make a PMS manual or schedule! :)

Some things that will help her:
1. Read Pool School to learn as much as possible. Pool School - Trouble Free Pool
2. Learn about the chemistry of the pool. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry - Trouble Free Pool
3. Learn how to test. Do you have a good test kit like the TF-100 or a Taylor K-2006? Test Kits
4. Don't be afraid to ask questions. This site has some great people that are willing to help.

Thank you for your service!

Last edited:
Here is a set of links I put together new pool owners:

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Is this the kind of thing you are thinking about?

She can sign on using your TFP account to ask for help is she does not want to set up her own account. We have several families who use one account.

Tell her she can PM me as well if she wants some extra help.

Kim:kim:

Thanks everyone for all these great links! I will pass them along to her. She has someone coming to open it next week I think, and can operate most everything once it is running, but these will certainly help with specifics. Hopefully when the pool is opened it is crystal clear and easy for her to maintain!

Side note -- there has got to be a market for a floating pool robot that runs along the surface and collects pine needles. Anytime there is a storm, we spend a ton of time out there cleaning up!

X2 on what others said about having her join the forum. We’ll make sure she gets it figured out. Whether on the forum or via phone we’ll take care of her. Obviously the more info you can provide, the better, but we’ll take care of it for her.

Side note -- there has got to be a market for a floating pool robot that runs along the surface and collects pine needles. Anytime there is a storm, we spend a ton of time out there cleaning up!
Your skimmers should be set up to catch most of the debris, but yes, they make them. Here is one:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.