Pool #2 remodeling -- planning phase ideas

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
Built my first pool a few months ago, then moved and I now own this pool with a leak and really old plaster and rocks. We want to remodel it, a friend of a friend has a remodeling company and looking for quotes. Only in pavers we have 1600sq/f, if we were to add pavers we're looking at around $15k just in pavers. So first question on this remodeling is, any ideas what I can do to the concrete deck aside from pavers?

1611866250700.png

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
It looks like you have cantilevered coping as part of your poured deck. If you change to pavers then you need to change to coping around the top of the bond beam.

Your deck looks good. Why do you want to remodel it? Just to change the look or are there structural issues?

Read Expansion Joints and Coping - Further Reading

800px-Cantilevered_Coping.png

Nikilyn

Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Could you just resurface the deck and get a new color? You could always add a stamped boarder around the pool for a faux coping look. Much cheaper than pavers.

Reactions: clambert1273

clambert1273

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Since I am embarking on the reno arena myself, I will say since you already have decking try to work with what you have there and divert the money difference to all the pool area (it will make you happier in the long run). I don't have any decking so I am envious of all of yours 😂😂

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
Nothing wrong with the deck, a few cracks (i think this is expected) but we just want to make it look better. Is there something like resurfacing, or maybe repainting?

clambert1273

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Nothing wrong with the deck, a few cracks (i think this is expected) but we just want to make it look better. Is there something like resurfacing, or maybe repainting?

absolutely can resurface with different things. Look at acrylic lace and different options :)

Nikilyn

Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
This is another option. My friends just created a boarder with a different color when they redid their deck. Cheaper than adding a stamped boarder. BAF20F5B-8173-4471-A7D9-7189B7583880.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.