Polywood Furniture

It’s even worse. We are not even talking about different colors, we are talking about shades of colors. I found some nice navy colored cushions and she wants some blue sea foam color that matches the pool tile better. 3X the price for a shade of color.

Guess which ones we are buying.
Karma got me since I was laughing with you (I know the pain). We went to nursery to buy a bush to replace one we lost in our crazy heat wave last year. Bring a a 5ft dwarf spruce home. Lug it all the way back to the spot and dig the hole and she comes out and says "hold on we have to take it back as I just realized it's a bush that can have lots of issues". I expanded the hole to a rectangular shape, LOL!!!

I didnt see this thread last summer when I was looking at new furniture, but thought I would post now. Decided on Highwood and had a pretty good experience although a few pieces were tough to screw in. A few curses and a nice afternoon later we ended up with the following. Color was definitely the wives choice

20220701_160910.jpg

• Love
Reactions: B.lu and Turbo1Ton
It's the most wonderful time of the year! Just got my new polywood :) It's the edge four piece sofa. Now I need to figure out what to do with the cushions (keep out all the time? get a huge deck box? get a cover?)

Attachments

• poly.jpg
    poly.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: Turbo1Ton
It's the most wonderful time of the year! Just got my new polywood :) It's the edge four piece sofa. Now I need to figure out what to do with the cushions (keep out all the time? get a huge deck box? get a cover?)
First things first, I need that lawn chair leveled on the wall and the extension cord properly wound up! 😆. Maybe covers.

Here's my take. I leave my grill uncovered (I used to cover my old one, then I bought a better built one and it's been fine for like 7 years now) and put my cushions in deck boxes. On the cushions, more specifically, I put them in the box after use all spring due to the pollen season. Otherwise, I leave them out for the weekend if there will be no rain. But I also don't have a couch and my furniture can be used without the cushions as well.

Reactions: B.lu

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you remember what umbrella you purchased to go with it?
Let me look... I bought these in 2021. I love the umbrellas. They have a hand crank.

Base
EliteShade Umbrella Base Water... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VXLFGGW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Umbrella
OKPOW Umbrella Cover 420D Oxford... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D38W4ZB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

We have 4 of these umbrellas. Don't ask me why I bought 4. 🤣 2 are still in boxes. I was a little crazy in my pre-ynab life.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice earlier on the colors.

I ended up ordering 2 of the Polywood Long Beach Adirondack chairs in white for our baja ledge while they were on sale at Costco. They were just delivered today. I quickly assembled one after dinner and placed it in the pool for my wife to try while we took the kids for an evening swim. I thought the height worked well for our 15" ledge. She liked it, but wants to see how comfortable it will be when it's warmer out (water temp was 85 and air temp was only 78 at the time). I honestly expected them to be heavier, though. It wasn't difficult to pull out of the water and place on the deck when we were finished. Was happy overall with quality and will probably buy more polywood furniture when we get the gazebo installed and see what the sun pattern looks like in the middle of summer (wife really wants the pacific blue or navy colors if the shade works and they stay out of the sun completely, but I definitely do not want to buy pacific blue).

Hey all. The Mrs wanted folding adorandack chairs and a matching table. I didn't want to swamp the yearly budget but I also didn't want to buy the balsa wood ones at WM / Target. (Rated for 250 lbs :roll:) I found these at HD, 2 for $179 and they were an inch bigger / wider, and rated for 400 lbs, so on paper they seemed much sturdier. They are nice and solid and I'm very happy with them. The matching table was $79 and also was sturdy. The details are in the 3rd pic.

20230522_132728.jpg

20230522_132736.jpg

20230522_132757.jpg

Reactions: Ahultin
Hey all. The Mrs wanted folding adorandack chairs and a matching table. I didn't want to swamp the yearly budget but I also didn't want to buy the balsa wood ones at WM / Target. (Rated for 250 lbs :roll:) I found these at HD, 2 for $179 and they were an inch bigger / wider, and rated for 400 lbs, so on paper they seemed much sturdier. They are nice and solid and I'm very happy with them. The matching table was $79 and also was sturdy. The details are in the 3rd pic.

View attachment 494882

View attachment 494883

View attachment 494884
Do I see a few 4 points meeting on those pavers?? :)

• Haha
Reactions: newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.