Polywood Furniture

jdubs12

Sep 15, 2020
Fort Wayne, IN
Hey everyone! Happy Monday!!! We are finally close to pool season up here in Indiana! This will be our first pool season and we are really excited and in the renovation/refurbishing stage. We are replacing the liner with a grey liner to make the pool more modern (the one we have now is 30 years old!), cutting out the loose concrete around the plastic coping and filling it in with a uniform border and replacing our pool pump with a variable speed pump. Once that is all finished we will be ready to enjoy the pool but I'm doing research on the pool furniture. My goals are for it to be left outside all winter, be heavy enough that 50 mph winds won't blow it away and for it to be somewhat stylish. We are strongly considering the Polywood furniture. It's pricey but seems like the best option for our low maintenance goals. Does anyone have any pictures or experience they can share with us on this product or similar products? THANKS A BUNCH!

We are in the middle of purchasing outdoor furniture also. We have found there are many brands/manufacturers of polywood type furniture. Most will list the weight of their pieces on their websites. The heavier they are the more they cost. We saw Adirondack chairs that weighed from 35lbs to 65lbs. Polywood brand has several different levels of quality/weight in their line up. Brands local to me such as Berlin Gardens, Luxecraft, and CR Plastics, weighed a lot more and were also a lot more expensive. I would highly recommend sitting in whatever you are considering purchasing. There were many Adirondacks that were just not comfortable to me. Some the back angle was just off and not comfortable, or the arm rests were at a weird height and hit me in the knee caps. We went with a Berlin Gardens dining table and chairs because they have a wood grain look that looks very real. We got the Polywood AD610s which is their higher seat height Adirondacks and also Polywood bar stools because they were the cheapest and we needed 10. Polywood bar stools were $100 less per stool than Berlin Gardens so thats $1000 savings by itself.

Good luck!

Mike

1616420731276.png

We bought this 5-piece set at the beginning of last summer and love it! The tables and chairs are quite heavy and have never moved at all during summer storms (of course, the umbrella is another story, so we have to keep an eye on that). We moved it under the patio overhang this winter, but I'm sure it would have been just fine directly out in the elements.

Our plan was to get some ordered in time for pool season last year, but due to the pandemic, supplies were low and lead times long. This was a floor model and only one of two I could find ready to purchase in our local area at the time. While the color wasn't my first (or second) choice, we grabbed it. $1295 for the set and the guy threw in the umbrella. The darker brown color around the outside edge of the table can get quite warm when in the direct sun, but it's not a big deal.

View attachment 316812

We bought this 5-piece set at the beginning of last summer and love it! The tables and chairs are quite heavy and have never moved at all during summer storms (of course, the umbrella is another story, so we have to keep an eye on that). We moved it under the patio overhang this winter, but I'm sure it would have been just fine directly out in the elements.

Our plan was to get some ordered in time for pool season last year, but due to the pandemic, supplies were low and lead times long. This was a floor model and only one of two I could find ready to purchase in our local area at the time. While the color wasn't my first (or second) choice, we grabbed it. $1295 for the set and the guy threw in the umbrella. The darker brown color around the outside edge of the table can get quite warm when in the direct sun, but it's not a big deal.
Looks like you shopped at LPP in Lancaster. We have Adirondack chairs from them for the fire pit. Will most likely pick up loungers once they are back in stock. About 90-minute - 2 hr drive each direction but well worth it.

Reactions: DiverGirl1972
Looks like you shopped at LPP in Lancaster. We have Adirondack chairs from them for the fire pit. Will most likely pick up loungers once they are back in stock. About 90-minute - 2 hr drive each direction but well worth it.
Our original plan was to order from LPP...we have been looking at their furniture for a couple of years! Apparently, a lot of other people suddenly had the same plan and called before we did! lol The guy was so nice, but at the time wouldn't even give me an estimate when they'd be able to process an order for us.

We ended up picking this up from Dutch Selection, an Amish furniture store in Quarryville. My BF happened to drive past the store heading to work and got a fleeting glance at the table, which was on display outside. He called me at home and I immediately called them and asked them to hold it while I could drive up and pay for it! haha

Our original plan was to order from LPP...we have been looking at their furniture for a couple of years! Apparently, a lot of other people suddenly had the same plan and called before we did! lol The guy was so nice, but at the time wouldn't even give me an estimate when they'd be able to process an order for us.

We ended up picking this up from Dutch Selection, an Amish furniture store in Quarryville. My BF happened to drive past the store heading to work and got a fleeting glance at the table, which was on display outside. He called me at home and I immediately called them and asked them to hold it while I could drive up and pay for it! haha
Interesting - I wonder if they supply LPP - the color combo is what he sells. Either way, they look fantastic!

We decided to go with a cast aluminum table, they're pretty heavy. With chairs from Lowes. They will slide when on the deck but don't move on the concrete.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have four Polywood adirondack deck chairs, two bar stools and three end tables. Pricey, but a great investment. We love them. They are out all year. Very heavy. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 5C86433E-74ED-48FA-8103-77A13DAC7A86.jpeg
    5C86433E-74ED-48FA-8103-77A13DAC7A86.jpeg
    649.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 02D2A103-2C44-4B1B-AFF5-8F82B3323765.jpeg
    02D2A103-2C44-4B1B-AFF5-8F82B3323765.jpeg
    619.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 38AE036E-CBD5-442F-8B40-C26143B3F570.jpeg
    38AE036E-CBD5-442F-8B40-C26143B3F570.jpeg
    548.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 5D038E26-401F-42FD-AE28-032BB7F1BF7A.jpeg
    5D038E26-401F-42FD-AE28-032BB7F1BF7A.jpeg
    537 KB · Views: 222
  • 9E59E7F6-E86E-4A1C-81AD-9B1B9CF31FA4.jpeg
    9E59E7F6-E86E-4A1C-81AD-9B1B9CF31FA4.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
We live in west central Indiana and just ordered poly furniture from an Amish store. We were going to get the Polywood brand, but they seemed a little light and we wanted something that is really going to last a long time. If you are thinking about poly furniture you should buy sooner rather than later. There is a shortage in resin and the plastic material and the price of items is going up soon. The store we bought ours from is raised the price of their furniture 14% this week. We should get ours delivered in early April.

Polywood is now at 13 weeks lead time. If you order today the earliest it will ship is June 28.

I recently spent some coin polywood furniure. I purchased three captain chaise loungers with cushions, bar table with six bar height chairs with cushions, square fire pit table, deep seating chairs(Harbour) and a deep seating settee(Harbour). It should sll arrive by time my pool and landscaping is complete.

The place we went to is also saying there are tremendous shortages on materials as well. Price increases as well - I should have bought the loungers we wanted in February for $269, they are now $319

Ledge Lounger is also in this "game" with some outdoor adirondack styled pieces. I looked at a number of lines you guys have mentioned here and one thing that stood out to me with the Ledge Lounger chairs was the reduced number of visible attachment parts on the chairs. Someone took the time to think the aesthetics through and I thought it was styled real nice without as many bolts being visible.

Just ordered 4 of these from Polywood after going back and forth over whether to order the model with the armrests or without. Went with no armrests but still have time to change my order. Any opinions on whether or not the armrests make a considerable difference for comfort or function?Screenshot_20210327-134721_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Teenwolf74
Just ordered 4 of these from Polywood after going back and forth over whether to order the model with the armrests or without. Went with no armrests but still have time to change my order. Any opinions on whether or not the armrests make a considerable difference for comfort or function?

We were debating on those also. We found some in a showroom with the armrests and after sitting in them, we decided to go without the armrests. The armrest are really low to the ground, close the the seat. They are not at a natural height for your elbow to land on them when sitting upright. My wife and I both thought they just got in the way when getting on and off the chair with no real benefit when seated.

Reactions: Dave1096
We were debating on those also. We found some in a showroom with the armrests and after sitting in them, we decided to go without the armrests. The armrest are really low to the ground, close the the seat. They are not at a natural height for your elbow to land on them when sitting upright. My wife and I both thought they just got in the way when getting on and off the chair with no real benefit when seated.
Thanks, exactly the feedback I was hoping for.

Just ordered 4 of these from Polywood after going back and forth over whether to order the model with the armrests or without. Went with no armrests but still have time to change my order. Any opinions on whether or not the armrests make a considerable difference for comfort or function?View attachment 317719

I had to go back and look at my order to see if what I had armrests. We ordered the same ones except they had wheels, no armrests and it came in a set with 2 chaise and a table. We also ordered the nautical dining table with the adirondeck chairs. Kind of wished I bought more chaise lounges but I was already spending so much. Maybe next year!

Reactions: Dave1096
Also, did you guys try out the cushions that polywood makes to fit the chair? We ordered a set to go with it but have no idea how comfortable/durable they are. Some days, I'm just winging it. 😂

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.