Polyquat 60

Hotshot23

Feb 28, 2020
Alabama
Okay. For future testing though, please stick to the Taylor FAS-DPD (powder & drops) for accurate FC testing. As you now know, those strips are horrible. Definitely let the FC drop since you are currently 2Xs higher than recommended for your SLAM level as seen on the FC/CYA Levels. Once it drops back to about 12, continue the SLAM Process until you are sure you've passed ALL 3 SLAM criteria.

From there, after you pass the regular SLAM, if you still believe you have Mustard Algae, only then do you increase the FC to MA levels, and even then only for 24 hrs. Good luck!

Slamming my pool has just about knocked out my mustard algae. While I realize that proper sanitation is key for algae free pool, I’ve read a lot of good things about polyquat 60, any thoughts?

I’ve read a lot of good things about polyquat 60, any thoughts?
It's a tool for some pools at certain times, so it has it's place. Generally in the swimming season, not so much because the chlorine does the work. Adding Poly 60 to a chlorinated pool will end-up getting eliminated fairly quickly. Poly 60 is most often used either as insurance for winter closing or when the FC is allowed to fall close to zero in preparation for an AA treatment.

You’ll usually hear TFPers talk about Polyquat 60 before closing and covering their pools for the winter. Not a requirement but some use it to be safe. As far as using algaecides during the swim season, I can’t comment on that since I have never used it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.