Polymer steps with steel wall??

Staellio

Mar 24, 2021
Illinois
Hello, I am new here and getting ready to begin construction on an inground pool (15x32). We are doing a vinyl liner with steel walls however our steps have to be custom ordered due to the size (15ft). Our start date will be pushed back two months unless we decide to pay extra ($1200) and use polymer steps instead. Does anyone have any experience with this or any thoughts? Would there be any downside to doing this?

Thank you.

I wish I could answer that but I am not sure...

If the pool builder says it will work I would think your good.. Just a lighter pocket book :)

Hey Staellio!! Twice now, err, soon to be the second time, we went with plastic/acrylic stairs for the dogs. We love the customizability and look of liner steps, but having doggie nails clawing their way out of the pool is a big concern for us. They have used them on steel/concrete vinyl pools for 60+ years. You’ll be fine.

Just because they can do all kinds of neat things with liners now doesn’t take away from the tried and true old skool steps. :)

Reactions: cowboycasey
Are you talking about liner over steps I would assume with full length across the shallow end, or are you talking about the pre-molded plastic steps?

I ordered polymer walls and had to wait on my steel steps/tanning deck. I ordered from poolwarehouse and they did not offer polymer steps...only steel. I had to drill holes where the steel mated up to the polymer, but it was just at the wall joints. Would yours be just the cross pieces being polymer? If so that would be more involved.
20200921_143916.jpg

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.