Poly Fil filter for well water users

May 28, 2018
Michigan
Last weekend we picked up my son a cheap pool for the summer. We have well water and figured it would tough to keep it clear but we decided to grab one anyways. Upon setting it up we realized the pump that came with it was not going to cut it. I ordered a new pump on amazon for $35 and it moved 3 times as much water. The skimmer was working much better. I just unplugged the original pump, took the filter out and use the skimmer.

I got the chemical levels dialed in pretty good, but the water had an orange/brown color to it. After some research on YouTube I seen some Poly Fil filters and most had good results. All of the ones I came across involved a 5 gallon pail or some type of jug held up over the pool. Not for me. I wondered why no one just put one in line, so I decided to make my own.

I set it up yesterday and by morning time my water was crystal clear. Here’s a link to the design that I made. If anyone is interested and wants a parts list just let me know!

https://imgur.com/gallery/jKAa2uu

Reactions: gracefulheart
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.