Pollen or Algae

Mar 13, 2013
Missouri
Moved from HERE

I would also increase your FC to around 10-12 all day today until bed time
I'm just curious why you are recommending the 10-12 range for FC? It is not a slam level with a CYA of 70, but is that a high enough level to ward off a possible upcoming algea outbreak? I'm asking because I think I may be in a similar situation as the OP with either an algea or dust/pollen issue and am noticing a very slight turquoise tint to the water which I'm hoping is just from my faded liner.

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just curious why you are recommending the 10-12 range for FC?
A judgement call on my part based on what the OP in the other thread had been through. Not just because of the suspected pollen issue, but mostly by allowing the FC to fall below the minimum range. The OCLT was also performed at a very low level. While their target FC is a 5 for their salt pool, while the target for a non-salt pool is 8-10. When a pool FC is allowed to drop that low fro so long, giving it a few hours of boost "may" help to avert a SLAM. Rather than jump the gun rigth away and suggest a SLAM, in that other scenario I felt the water could use a few hours of additional chlorine followed by another OCLT.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Since each scenario is unique based on owner testing, location, water source, etc, a scenario can require a slightly tailored approach. In your case, I would also recommend posting a full set of test results and alsoa pic of the water since you mentioned turquoise. You appear to have a non-salt pool, but if you have added anything else to the water other than chlorine/bleach, let us know.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.