Poll- Is this weird?

Champion’s Choice Trace Mineral Salt Block offers a mix of salt and minerals to ensure that livestock have the proper amount of salt and these minerals in their diet.

These minerals can help the digestion, and aid in growth and reproductive processes as well as other important functions.

Each 50-pound block can endure all weather.

These blocks are only for livestock and are not designed for human consumption.

Product Features:

Specially Formulated Product Designed to Help Meet the Salt and Trace Element Requirements of Most Livestock
Compliment the Diet to Help Promote Digestion, Growth, Maintenance of Body Tissues, Proper Reproductive Processes, and General Animal Well-Being
NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
Ingredients:

Salt, Zinc Oxide, Iron Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Manganous Oxide, Red Iron Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, and Anise Flavor.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Salt (Min.) 94%
Zinc (Min.) 0.35%
Manganese (Min.) 0.2%
Iron (Min.) 0.2%
Copper (Min.) 0.03%
Iodine (Min.) 0.007%
Cobalt (Min.) 0.005%

Feeding Guide:

Feed this Supplement Free Choice to Animals. Ensure Adequate Supply of Roughage and Fresh Water is Available for All Animals.

This forum needs an official poll option.
There is a way to do a poll like in this thread.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks, but clicking "More Options" as instructed in that post, doesn't actually result in me seeing any more options!

Champion’s Choice Trace Mineral Salt Block offers a mix of salt and minerals to ensure that livestock have the proper amount of salt and these minerals in their diet.

These minerals can help the digestion, and aid in growth and reproductive processes as well as other important functions.

Product Features:

Specially Formulated Product Designed to Help Meet the Salt and Trace Element Requirements of Most Livestock
Compliment the Diet to Help Promote Digestion, Growth, Maintenance of Body Tissues, Proper Reproductive Processes, and General Animal Well-Being
Ingredients:

Salt, Zinc Oxide, Iron Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Manganous Oxide, Red Iron Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, and Anise Flavor.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Salt (Min.) 94%
Zinc (Min.) 0.35%
Manganese (Min.) 0.2%
Iron (Min.) 0.2%
Copper (Min.) 0.03%
Iodine (Min.) 0.007%
Cobalt (Min.) 0.005%

Feeding Guide:

Feed this Supplement Free Choice to Animals. Ensure Adequate Supply of Roughage and Fresh Water is Available for All Animals.
How do you attach this to your coping? If you use duct tape that’s weird because everyone knows duct tape shouldn’t be used for ducts…But if you use flex tape, well you should be congratulated and Phil Swift will be boating in on his screen door to give you a trophy for your ingenuity.

How do you attach this to your coping? If you use duct tape that’s weird because everyone knows duct tape shouldn’t be used for ducts…But if you use flex tape, well you should be congratulated and Phil Swift will be boating in on his screen door to give you a trophy for your ingenuity.
I'm thinking there could be a market for some kind of holder. Maybe one that could replace the skimmer lid? That way, when it gets splashed or water drips on it from the licking, the salt can slowly dissolve into the pool.

Same 14 year old told me that our water was way nicer than the water at his (wealthy) friend's pool because ours doesn't sting his eyes. He also doesn't get ear infections from our pool, whereas he always did at the friend's house when he lived closer and swam there more frequently. They use the pool store service for all their cleaning, etc.

So I've got that going for me.

Unfortunately, he also said he didn't taste their coping, so no word on how that compares.

Product Features:

Ingredients:

Guaranteed Analysis:

Salt (Min.) 94%
Zinc (Min.) 0.35%
Manganese (Min.) 0.2%
Iron (Min.) 0.2%
Copper (Min.) 0.03%
Iodine (Min.) 0.007%
Cobalt (Min.) 0.005%

Feeding Guide:

Can I salt my pool with this stuff ?

Unfortunately, he also said he didn't taste their coping, so no word on how that compares.
So, now I have significant doubts about efficacy of the TFP method. My faith can’t be restored without a report on the taste of the friend’s pool’s coping.

Reactions: Newdude