Polaris VRX iQ+

So about a week now since my purchase and I decided to sweep the pool bottom, just to see how good of a job the Polaris VRX-IQ+ has been doing. The pool looks clear however the bottom and steps had clouds of fine dirt forming everywhere I sweep. So I am not happy with the standard filter.
When I called Leslie's pool store to complain, they told me I needed to add Clear Aid to the water to make the particles of dirt stick together so that the robot can filter it.

Reactions: Doug T
You need the ultra fine filter. Thats all I use now that the leaves are all of out the pool. It works really well. I wouldn't waste time with clear aid or whatever they are trying to sell you.

You need the ultra fine filter. Thats all I use now that the leaves are all of out the pool. It works really well. I wouldn't waste time with clear aid or whatever they are trying to sell you.
Looks like they have different kinds of filters, General Purpose. Fine, and Ultra fine. Do you know what is installed?

Check the swivel thing and make sure it turns freely. Mine had a tight spot that I managed to get loose. Now she spins freely.
The swiveler now seems to be working perfectly. When we first opened the pool it was pretty cold, like in the upper 30s and 40s and the water was a similar temp. I wonder if that caused a problem with the swivel. I also turned the swivel myself a few times to work out any sticky spots. The cord has not tangled in a few weeks. Makes a huge difference.

Reactions: Fishy1234
The swiveler now seems to be working perfectly. When we first opened the pool it was pretty cold, like in the upper 30s and 40s and the water was a similar temp. I wonder if that caused a problem with the swivel. I also turned the swivel myself a few times to work out any sticky spots. The cord has not tangled in a few weeks. Makes a huge difference.
The anti tangle device does seem to stick occasionally but not too bad. Today I see it running a straight line after running 3 cleaning modes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For those who purchased recently, I just got off the phone with Polaris working out my rebate. Apparently there were a few days where if you bought the VRX, you get the water tester, the cover, AND the rebate. I happened to hit those days so I am getting all 3. May be worth looking into. I purchased mine on the 25th of May. I think the lady said that it was from 23-25 May. Just figured I would pass that along since I, like a few others, thought you had to choose between the cover OR the water tester

Same here, purchased during Polaris days. At Leslie's. 125 Visa gift card in the mail, cover for cleaner, and some remote water measurement device. I also am getting a fine filter. The one installed is the General purpose filter. They a ultra fine filter as well.

So I’ve come from a Dolphin Oasis Z5 with treads that constantly perched itself on top of my drains to a Polaris P965iQ (Leslie’s white version) with 3 year warranty, rebate, etc. same as the new VRX-iQ+ without the extra gimmicks to break (blue light, etc.).

Anyway, the 4WD Polaris is undoubtedly a “better” cleaner. Never gets stuck. However the quality of Polaris to Dolphin is inferior. Polaris cord tangles more than Dolphin and is more rigid, regardless of the Polaris swivel mechanism. It’s not as good.

2 years into my Polaris, it’s already going back to Leslie’s for service. It has stopped working with Error 10 code. Motors seems to have died. My Dolphin Z5 I’ve fortunately kept as a backup, purchased in 2016, still running fine. Yes, it still constantly gets stuck on main drains, but always has. Mechanically the electronics and build quality are better.

Have been on phone with both Polaris and Leslie’s. Polaris provides parts to Leslie’s but your warranty lies with Leslie’s. In my case, Leslie’s isn’t local. Now I have 2 lengthy trips back and forth for warranty service. Yet Dolphin has filled the gap.

Will certainly follow through on warranty service based on my investment, but a both a Dolphin and Polaris customer, I’d not purchase a Polaris cleaner again. Instead I’d get the 4WD Dolphin equivalent.

Looks like this doesn't have a combination basket like the dolphin. So you will have to switch to a fine silt basket or a regular basket depending on conditions.

The big benefit looks to be the navigation like the Dolphin iO is supposed to have.

I am kind of torn between this model ant the Dolphin M600. This unit is on sale this weekend and next weekend (allowed to be sold below the MSRP). I may just buy one next weekend and then wait to see what rebates Dolphin has in May...would still be in the 14 day return period.
Per the Polaris tech department the VRX IQ+ supposedly cleans Baja / Sun Shelfs. Per Maytronic / Dolphins do not clean the Baja / Sun shelfs of pools.

Based on this. I'm getting the VRX IQ Plus today.

I just picked up the VRX IQ+ today on Polaris Days. I got a 10% discount at the store and already submitted the online rebate for $125 gift card and free cover. Polaris Days is from June 17th-20th. I ran it in my pool for 2 full cleaning cycles. So far so good!

I was in the store whos name shall not be named (only getting reagent refills) and they had the new Polaris VRX iQ+ on display. The lady handed me a brochure and said, "look it even has lights!" lol

Well see how it is after some reviews come out. Looks like it has a pretty decent debris basket.

I was misled by Polaris people about it getting onto Baja / Sun shelf.

I sent them several emails prior to purchase asking if the Polaris VRX IQ+ would have any trouble doing my pool shelf. 3 different Polaris tech support people responded. I have all the emails saved. They said so long as my umbrella is removed from the pool shelf there would be no issues with it automatically cleaning my shelf without manual control.
I've ran it for 10 hours now. I've ran smart cycle twice. It doesn't clean my pool shelf period.

They've ignored my emails since I've asked them about it.

On a side note. Leslie couldn't even tell me if it has a 3 year warranty or 2 year warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

I sent them several emails prior to purchase asking if the Polaris VRX IQ+ would have any trouble doing my pool shelf. 3 different Polaris tech support people responded. I have all the emails saved. They said so long as my umbrella is removed from the pool shelf there would be no issues with it automatically cleaning my shelf without manual control.
I've ran it for 10 hours now. I've ran smart cycle twice. It doesn't clean my pool shelf period.

On a side note. Leslie couldn't even tell me if it has a 3 year warranty or 2 year warranty.

So mine will not do the shelf either, and I am positive that it is due to shallow water level at the shelf. I even placed it on the shelf however the unit turned off soon as it was placed there. Upon investigation I see the water does not cover the rear jet because it is too shallow. I have swimouts that are 18inches deep and the unit climbs up there no problem. This is my first robot ever so perhaps another brand can do that for you?
I brush that area into the deep end and let it settle to bottom for the next day. Fortunately for me nobody uses the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.