Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently upgraded my pressure-side cleaner to a Polaris Quattro P40. (I always thought it said "Quattro PRO" but it's "P40" with my glasses on.) It cleans much better than my old 3900.

The Quattro runs 2 hours a day under my Infinity 4000 autocover. It climbs the walls pretty aggressively, which makes me wonder whether it might damage the autocover by hitting it too hard.

So I'm asking whether anyone's experienced such damage. Hopefully, I'm just over-thinking this and being a worry-wart.

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
I looked up your pressure side cleaner and I don't think you have to worry too much. Its rounded front may push up slightly on the cover but I don't think it will snag it, or push against the cover too much. 🤞

I thought I was the only one here with the Infinity 4000 cover!

Maddie :flower:

Rocket J Squirrel

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I did have a disaster once with my old Polaris. Unknown to me, the Polaris was at the top of the pool, pulled by the backup valve, while I was opening the cover. The Polaris got stuck in the cover bar and tore a couple of nice big holes in the vinyl.

I now make sure the cleaner has been off long enough to sink to the bottom before opening the cover.

rphpool

Mar 4, 2015
Sugar Land , TX
You can adjust the jet nozzle on the back to make it not climb the walls all the way to the top. You will have to play with it to get the adjustment just right for your pool. Love my Quattro :)