Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi All, Have a question regarding my Polaris PBS4Q Booster pump. So I had a pool company closed/winterize my pool at the end of this season and they pointed that the connections to the Polaris were all glued (was installed by a different company) so they couldn't remove it.
So I told them to make sure it doesn't have any water in it. When I got home I noticed one of the pipe was connected by a union with a shutoff but the bottom had no union. Can I disconnect the union and cut the bottom pipe so that I can remove the pump for storage?
And before opening next year I will just connect the bottom with a union? OR am I ok leaving it for the winter?

Hello! :wave: I figured someone should reply and try to get you some answers by now. :) Did oyu ever take action on removing the pump? Do you still need help? If so, feel free to post a pic or two of the pump and connections so we can give you some ideas.

In general, a pump can be outside if you are 100% positive all the water has been removed (drained, vacuumed, air-blown, etc). The only other potential downfall of leaving a pump outdoors is simply being exposed to bitter cold and moisture with no movement, so some items tend to get a some corrosion or bind-up a bit by spring. But overall it should be okay. But let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.