Polaris P965iq ... The Issues are Legion

Jul 5, 2014
Smyrna, TN
We paid $1200 for this robotic cleaner in May of 2019, so it has been used for 3 summers. Error 10 code popped up on the controller. I found a video for help with that one. Error 10 code went away only to be replaced by an Error 01 code. The manual suggests that an Error 01 code could be faulty pins on the connection, so I ordered a $28 part. Replaced the part... Error 01 code continues. I went through all of the trouble shooting suggestions from Polaris (who were not helpful at all) and now, I get no power to the control unit. The time pops up, I press start, and immediately the control unit goes black. If I unplug it and wait 5 minutes or so, the unit will come back on, but repeats; time pops up, I press start and the unit goes dark.

Out of curiosity, I plugged it in and started it when the robot was not in the pool. It runs for about 15 seconds and then error 01 pops up, but the control panel didn't die like it did when the robot was in the pool. (I only did this once.)

I'm calling the pool store tomorrow to see what a repair will cost me. Has anyone else dealt with an error 01 code or the complete shut-down of the control unit? I plan on giving Margeret at Marina a call (based on the replies in other threads about robots) if this one is dead. I have no need of the programming, wifi, app, and other stuff. I just want a strong suction cleaner that will go up the walls and get the fine stuff on the bottom. I don't see myself buying another Polaris. I don't believe I've ever been as frustrated with an inanimate object in my life. Is Dolphin more reliable?

You try making a warranty claim with Polaris and seeing if they will do anything for you?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.