Polaris P9550 review...

Hey is there a fix for the zodiac moving in reverse, mine is now over 3yr old, moves in reverse only during cleaning cycle, and Everytime it goes to clean wall it falls over on its back and stays there with wheels spinning :(
Sorry that you are dealing with the same issue I experienced with the 9550. I was not able to find a solution so I ended up selling both 9550s for scrap and spent about a year and a half cleaning my pool manually... until March of this year I purchased a Paxcess robot off of Amazon for $350 plus 4yr extended warranty.

I am extremely happy with it so far. It is cordless (battery powered), very lightweight compared to the 9550, and zips speedily across the pool. The wheels are not gear driven by motors... the robot moves entirely by hydraulic propulsion. For me, it is a relatively inexpensive solution that provides great value compared to the 9550. I love how fast it moves, how light it is, and how much debris it picks up in a cleaning cycle. Only cons for me are three:

1.) It does not climb walls, so I brush the walls down once in a while

2.) It is not remote controlled, so I had to run a few cleaning cycles to adjust the propulsion angles to maximize cleaning of my odd shaped pool

3.) Because it is battery powered, it needs to be plugged in to charge after a cleaning cycle and charging takes around 6-8 hrs.

I hope you find a solution that works for you.

Daniel

long time stalker, first time poster
I join the Error 10 club here. My 9450 came with our house so I am not sure how 'old' it is but after 1 year of frequent use I am scouring for a plan. Have started disassembling and unfortunately I am nowhere near any official servicing locations. Currently trying to eval if its the wire or something more sinister. Wish me luck brethren.

I have spare motors for the 9550s, new. I may let them go for 100 a pc.

And, no. the gasket is reusable. you will have to either use some silicon or auto gasket adhesive, to get a better seal.
while you are in there:
* replace your moisture absorbers pads or add more.
* disconnect the control board and waterproof it (Amazon.com: TECHSPRAY 2108-12S CONFORMAL COATING, AEROSOL, 12FL.OZ: Home Improvement)
* add more adhesive on both sides of the terminal for the control board coming into the assembly. this area is weak and always needs a little more silicon or auto gasket adhesive
...let me know if I can help further
How can I contact you about a motor fault 3 with a P955?

Hey IrviPool,

Any chance you will get a schematic for the motor block controller board? I have a couple of flooded boards that I'd like to repair, but even though I have a few parts documented, I still need to troubleshoot. I'm able to repair the surface mount components. Specifically, I need to debug the reason that the communications between the power unit/controller and the motor box microcontroller. I've asked Polaris nicely, but they are politely refusing to provide any info.
Hi Pilotbob3,

I have a flooded board and am looking for schematics. I am going to clean the board and spray it with conformal coating spray to seal it. I think water is getting in through the motors. I am getting an error 3 right motor shorted code. I am trying to figure the best way to seal the motor gear boxes. I am curious also how the robot senses it is in the water. I have already replaced the right side motor once. All help and technical expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.