Polaris P955 Motor problem?

pmurph

Feb 2, 2020
Texas
My P955 began tangling its cord last year, and was turning in only one direction. Now, it not only tangles the cord, but stops with error code 10 (connectivity) when submerged. I am concerned that cord is now damaged from the constant twisting. Really want to know why it is turning in only one direction. Is this a motor problem? Controller? There are no damaged gears, other internal mechanical problems.

Welcome to TFP.

Error code to is a communication error between the cleaner and the control box. Have you removed the cable and checked the connectors for corrosion or bent pins?

Have you tried Polaris Tech Support for your motor problem?

My P955 began tangling its cord last year, and was turning in only one direction. Now, it not only tangles the cord, but stops with error code 10 (connectivity) when submerged. I am concerned that cord is now damaged from the constant twisting. Really want to know why it is turning in only one direction. Is this a motor problem? Controller? There are no damaged gears, other internal mechanical problems.
Yes. one of the plastic gears in the motor-gear assembly is stripped. I can walk you through the repair if you want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.