Jesusfreak

Jun 5, 2019
Mesa, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I believe the rubber is worn out. Will that cause it not to move. I see the single wheel on the left rotating. It has two big wheels and one small wheel on the right.

What model Polaris cleaner?

It is usually a clogged jet or water hose.

Check that the pressure relief valve by the quick disconnect is not leaking.

Check no hose joints are leaking.

Several things to check. Need to verify what model you have.
There is a screen filter close to the wall connection. Confirm that is not clogged.
Then confirm you have good water pressure to the unit. When you take the net bag off and booster pump on - do you see water jets shooting up towards the opening where the net bag was?
Are the rubber on your wheels gooey? If so, time to replace them.
For the most part, if unit is not moving, it is about getting pressure to the turbine that drives the wheels. Any lose or reduction in pressure will slow the cleaner.

Reactions: Jesusfreak
It is a Polaris 280.

Get the tune up kit or rebuild kit and it should make it run like new.

Reactions: Jesusfreak
I already ordered the tires. We’ll see how that works and proceed from there. Thank you
Not sure how old the Polaris 280 is but consider a tuneup kit that replaces the critical components. I did it about a year ago and been very pleased. Takes about 90 mins or so to tear it down and replace parts.
A5CA5E7F-1FC7-44CE-A06A-EFED131143C0.jpegB104C9F0-DD9A-4D47-AE82-8A183FEBBCC1.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.