Silver Supporter
Apr 9, 2019
Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, yesterday I discovered that a connection in my polaris line is leaking water. I do not know the exact name of this fitting and appreciate if someone can provide the name. Also, is this fitting an easy DIY and should I keep the pump off when replacing?

thanks,

I assume you have a Polaris 280 or similar cleaner. You have in your signature PB4-60 but that is the pump - not the cleaner type.
What you are referring to is the Universal Wall Fitting (UWF). The hose releases out of that with a counterclockwise motion and you may need to slightly push in to help release it. It is 2 pins in a slot. This does have a seal on it and that may be the leak. Otherwise, the UWF then screws out of the wall fitting. That should be tight to form a seal.
Sometimes the little pins bend over time and they cause the seal to move and allow a leak pass it. You then need to purchase a new UWF and mating part.

I have attached a manual and you can see on page 4.
Let me know if this is what you are trying to determine.

Attachments

• Polaris MANUAL-Polaris-280.pdf
    493.7 KB · Views: 5
sorry for my delayed response. I was able to replace the part. I purchased at the local pool store. It's called a fitting. It's the part in the middle connected to each end of the hose.

Attachments

• fiting.png
    fiting.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.