Polaris Issue

Not a her, but don’t really care. Adjusted the floats and still having the issue of the back up valve lift. I could watch it yesterday due to the storm but going to work on it this evening.
How do I know if I need to replace the float on the back of the unit itself?

unless the floats are waterlogged, you don't. Try different things until you get what you want. Neither of the other posters are incorrect, the polaris is just finicky at times. What may work for them or myself, may not work for you. Or listen to allen and go by the book. I think you have too many floats on it, and whatever you eventually figure out will eventually change. Just the nature of that beast...

Check your wheel RPM and see that it is between 28 and 32 RPM as shown in Step 4 of the manual.

Howdy, @Cowtownag06 My Polaris 280 is also getting tangled with "nothing different" from how it was set up. It worked for months with no issues but gets tangled more lately. Hoses firm up and swivels don't work as well. You're not the only one. BTHO tangled cleaners!

Edit: just realized part of the problem may be I only have one swivel, when the diagram shows two. Here are the troubleshooting steps from the Polaris 280 manual:
1631740059110.png1. I'm pretty sure I doubled checked that but will now triple check.

2. This says "check that the swivels..." I only have one. That could be an issue.

3. Based on helpful info posted here, I'm adding the missing second float after the swivel.

4. Checks good

Last edited:
Reactions: HermanTX
I have to give a big thanks to @ajw22 Your photo edit with the yellow highlighting the missing float seems to have helped me, too. I didn't have a float there and added one and (knock on wood) it hasn't tangled since. Before that, the Polaris was driving up over the backup valve and getting tangled. Having the backup dragging the floor sometime probably also contributed to the collar breaking twice within the last 9 months. Thank you!

First off.. Gig 'em.

Second, I adjusted the floats again, and tightened the nut that controls the tail more. Who knows what did it, but it appears fixed. Thanks to all.
I have to give a big thanks to @ajw22 Your photo edit with the yellow highlighting the missing float seems to have helped me, too. I didn't have a float there and added one and (knock on wood) it hasn't tangled since. Before that, the Polaris was driving up over the backup valve and getting tangled. Having the backup dragging the floor sometime probably also contributed to the collar breaking twice within the last 9 months. Thank you!

:goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.