Polaris in knots. I think I have tried everything

BrianWithAY

Apr 17, 2021
Dallas
i NOTICED IT TURNING IN CIRCLES AND FOUND THAT THE GEAR TEETH WERE BENT ON 1 SIDE SO THE RIGHT WHEEL WASN'T TURNING (Crud sorry for caps)
I replaced the "Drive shaft" and now all wheels turn strong

It started working a little better but still turning in larger circles and eventually ending back up with the hose knotted.
It always ends up back by the port on the wall tangled.

I bought new hoses and laid them out straight in the sun so they would relax
I replaced the backup jet because it was always running.
Everything appears to be in working order.
All wheels are new, all floats are solid (No leaks or water in them)
Suction is strong but within 30 minutes of turning it on, I come back to this:

20230326_143849.jpg20230327_171034.jpg

By looking at this setup in the photo below, is there anything glaring that stands out to you. Pool max depth is ~5 feet
Hose is 20 feet. Furthest distance from the port is 20 feet

Note, the "mast" that the hose and float connect to in the photo has also been replaced since this photo was taken. It was in rough shape and I suspected my fiberglass repair might have been a culprit

20230326_144021.jpg

Basically your cleaner is tangling because you lack the leader hose swivel and enough floats to hold the hose on the top of the water so the cleaner can pass under it.

Manual is at https://cdn.fluidrausa.com/-/media/...8400.pdf?rev=546d2f4b41e244f9a8e4c196aeb178ea

You should have two swivels as highlighted in yellow. It looks like you are missing the one by the leader hose.

You have too few floats. You need two floats positioned as shown on the leader hose. You need floats every 2 feet apart.

The leader hose length to the first swivel is critical. Measure the deepest part of the pool. Cut leader hose, from end that attaches to feed hose, so length is equal to the greatest depth of the pool.

Polaris leader hose used to be a different material then the main hose.

1680023520880.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.