Polaris 9550 Error 1 & 4

STempleman

Aug 16, 2021
Missouri
I’ve got a Polaris 9550 that I purchased new three years ago. It has stopped working at times, it will power up and act like it is working, but will either run for a few minutes or not at all. Two error codes come up, either ERROR 1 or ERROR 4. I’ve followed the troubleshooting advice in the manual, I’ve cleaned any debris out of it. I even took the motor apart to make sure it was rotating freely. Error 4 suggests the motor is being overworked, does anyone have any suggestions they have that would help with this issue? I called tech support and the wait time was over two and half hours… Thanks in advance for any advice!

Scott

I’ve got a Polaris 9550 that I purchased new three years ago. It has stopped working at times, it will power up and act like it is working, but will either run for a few minutes or not at all. Two error codes come up, either ERROR 1 or ERROR 4. I’ve followed the troubleshooting advice in the manual, I’ve cleaned any debris out of it. I even took the motor apart to make sure it was rotating freely. Error 4 suggests the motor is being overworked, does anyone have any suggestions they have that would help with this issue? I called tech support and the wait time was over two and half hours… Thanks in advance for any advice!

Scott
Hi I am having similar problem. Started with error 10, fixed it. Then error 2, fixed it. Now it is showing error 2 and I am not sure what to do. Was planning on disassembling the robot and check the cord connection, but I doubt will be something like connector corrosion. Anyway, please let me know if you find a solution. I will try a couple of things next week.
BTW I bought mine refurbished from Amazon in 2019.

Take the plug end that plugs into the control until apart. I suspect one of the wires is loose it's a poor design you'll see. You can lightly hold the round end with pliers and unscrew the bottom half with your hand. I've been meaning to make a video on how to fix this.

Take the plug end that plugs into the control until apart. I suspect one of the wires is loose it's a poor design you'll see. You can lightly hold the round end with pliers and unscrew the bottom half with your hand. I've been meaning to make a video on how to fix this.
Yep. I did that and actually changed the plug for a new one making sure I followed the same pattern for cable color -> pin number. I am getting the error 1 with both the old and new connector. Tested continuity as well all good at that connector at least. The voltage when the robot is on is showing ~28v DC between the red and black for a couple of seconds and then ~0 when the error appears. The voltage showing between brown and black is ~11v DC. Would love to see a service manual to make some sense out of this.

Yep. I did that and actually changed the plug for a new one making sure I followed the same pattern for cable color -> pin number. I am getting the error 1 with both the old and new connector. Tested continuity as well all good at that connector at least. The voltage when the robot is on is showing ~28v DC between the red and black for a couple of seconds and then ~0 when the error appears. The voltage showing between brown and black is ~11v DC. Would love to see a service manual to make some sense out of this.
I'm having a similar error with my Polaris, and I was curious if you were able to find a solution? Should I just replace the whole motor assembly at this point?

I'm having a similar error with my Polaris, and I was curious if you were able to find a solution? Should I just replace the whole motor assembly at this point?
I had the whole motor assembly and the cable replaced. Whether it was really necessary or I was just taken for a ride I really dont know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.