SARASOTA, Fl
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I have had one for couple years now and probably spends more time in water than it should. No issues so far with it but want to keep it humming as long as possible. Occasional seen horror stories about leaking seals and damaged circuit boards... Is there any preventive maintenance that can be done? I am usually good with if it ain't broke don't fix it, but this seem like once they break you are screwed.

I don't know much about the Polaris cleaner specifically but in general robots should not be left in the pool long term. Drop it in, let it do its full cycle, and pull it out. Leave it in a shady spot when it's out of the pool and not anywhere too humid. If you're really concerned about it, you can have whatever waterproofing seals there are between the cable and the motor replaced every couple years. If that leaks, best case the unit just shorts out and doesn't turn on, worst case the water gets in the motor or the electrical shorts burn out the terminals.

I purchased a closeout P955 or 9550 a week ago. I would agree with whats said here. I am working through some issues with Leslies now, for more about that, check out my thread on buying a Robot Should I take the Robot Plunge, considering Aquabot Fury or Bravo.

I do have a question: Does anybody know what the Intensive/High intensity cleaning button does if anything besides add a few minutes to the cleaning cycle?

Mine doesn't have that option, so I am not much help.

I am much better about taking it out of the water now, but it's first year of life I didn't know any better and it stayed in quite a bit. Now I usually run it, take it out and give it and the filter a good rinse. It sits in it's caddy in a nice shaded area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.