Polaris 380 Vacuum supply pressure

morke

Jun 23, 2020
NC
The feed line to my Polaris cracked under the concrete pool deck about 2' back from the pool edge. It was in a sharp elbow and may have been to settling, high pressure, or poth. I know the PVC-40 can take some high pressure but there may have been a weakness in the elbow to begin with -- it was a hairline fracture at a high-stress location (but it emptied about 2" of water over 6 hours!).

So it's repaired but i want to keep the pressure in that supply line as low as possible. Why can't I regulate the pressure at the pump instead of using the restrictor discs and pressure relief screw? That way the supply line will be at the lowest workable pressure to maintain the 30 rpm wheel speed and reduce the possibility of future leaks.

Welcome to TFP.

The pressure in the cleaner line is low and does not stress the PVC.

The answer to your question is the booster pump is a low priced single speed 3/4 HP pump with no speed controls. If you want to buy a variable speed pump for 3X the cost then you can adjust the RPM and HP of the pump to give you whatever flow and pressure you want.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.