Polaris 360 do the flow restricters need to come out when not cleaning?

Aug 9, 2017
Humble, TX
Just bought a Polaris 360 since we have no booster pump. My husband says it won’t work in our pool because it will restrict the flow to much. Anyone else using this model with success? He tells me that the valve restrictors have to come when the pool isn’t being cleaned to pump properly. I can’t imagine people are actually putting these things in and out all the time? Plus, it’s pretty highly rated, it must function with them in, right?

Attachments

• 61615129-AE9B-4327-9FB6-A57680D030C1.jpeg
    61615129-AE9B-4327-9FB6-A57680D030C1.jpeg
    554.6 KB · Views: 4
Welcome to TFP.

How many returns do you have in your pool? More then the one your 360 is connected to?

You don’t remove the disc. The name is misleading. The actual amount of water flowing is the same. With a smaller hole the pressure of the water increases but the volume of the water us the same. It is like when you have a water hose and you put your finger over it and it squirts farther. It is the same amount of water At a different pressure.

Reactions: Moniquecheri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.