Polaris 280 Wheels Aren't Moving

Otis Campbell

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 5, 2013
Lewisville, TX
I recently took my Polaris in to the pool store for repair because the wheels weren't moving. The inline filter screen was cracked and therefore there was debris somewhere in the cleaner. They cleaned that out, replaced the screen and everything was working fine. Well, I accidentally cracked the screen while cleaning it and now the wheels aren't moving again. I really don't want to drive to the store again. Can someone tell me how to do what they did based on this description? Thanks.

Below is the parts diagram for your 280 showing the way things fit together.

If you are handy you need to start unscrewing things to take it apart until you get the top over open. Then follow the hose intake and the water flow and see if anything is blocking any of the pipes.

Taking stuff apart is easy. Remembering how they go back together can be tough. Take notes or pictures as you disassemble to know where parts go. If you have parts left over then you missed something.

Good luck.

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.