Polaris 280 wheel coming off

techman65

Dec 12, 2013
Augusta, GA
Hi,

I'm having a problem with one of the wheels on my Polaris 280 falling off in the pool. It happened the first time a few weeks ago and I was able to reattach it. Then it happened again this past weekend and yesterday. Each time, I have removed the top cover to the Polaris and then reattached the two screws and the clip that hold the wheel in place.

Any suggestions on how I can get the wheel more securely attached? Luckily I have been able to find the screws and clip each time, but am concerned I may lose them at some point.

Thanks

Last edited:
When was the last time you did a complete rebuild? I was having the same problem along with several other problems which I would fix with Band-Aid solutions. I did a complete rebuild kit and now my Polaris works like it's a brand new unit. You can find the rebuild kits for about $150 on the internet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.